Assassin's Creed 2

Shit man, I can think of a million reasons to do virtual violence without the game holding my hand. Message boards only account for about 5% of it though.

Really, I’d have to bump message board to 7%, with random idiots on XBL rounding out the rest.

Best of lucks Charles, I took a lot of shit for really liking the first one. I think you have a really fantastic basement for building an incredible experience now. Looking forward it.

I second that. I also really liked the first one. Not to say it wasn’t without its flaws, but they didn’t ruin the game for me. Far from it.

Day 1 purchase for me for sure.

Having a reason to do it.

Oh snap!

Stealthing past them? Hopefully there will be more opportunities! It’d be nice if we could take a route less traveled, perhaps only using the stealth blade on the main primary targets the entire game?

I tried this argument before and the answer is, “You’re a medieval bad ass - go kill people”. There is no stealth unless they’re changing their minds for the sequel.

Time for more begger assassinations!

(Seriously, I am looking forward to this game.)

I’ve played through AC twice, so yes, looking forward to the sequel. Just put in swimming this time :)

I loved the first game and I’m excited to play the second. Good luck!

The combat in AC was excellent. At first it wasn’t so hot. You had few moves and few opportunities.

But as you got better weapons / moves, and better playing ability, the combat really opened up. The first time your ride into a camp of 30-50 soldiers, and kill them all in a blade dance is fucking epic.

I’ve got 99/100 flags in Damascus and 91/100 in Jerusalem. It would be nice if there was a way for me to find the last flag(s) without going through the entire list again.

Also you’d have to be pretty crazy to make a game in Venice without the main character being able to swim.

Does anyone know what percentage of the population actually knew how to swim during that time period. (though I assume that a badass assassin would be amoung those who did no matter how widespread a skill it was)

Looking forward to checking it out.

No.

Nobody.

At all.

(Seriously. Nobody.)

Interestingly enough, during the later renaissance, Venice had an almost cult like practice of having huge street brawls, except they were on bridges, and there were two sides to them, the Nicolloti and the Castellani. These two groups would meet on a few specific bridges throughout Venice and have a few boxing type matches before an all out brawl on the top of the bridge was started. Of course, no one was intentionally killed, and deaths were low, but the way to remove an enemy combatant was to throw them into the river, or knock them in in some way.

Though cases of drowning was something to look out for, it seemed to be that most of those were because of multiple combatants, if not entire squads, going over at the same time, or worse yet, a bridge collapsing. So, it would seem that being able to swim was something almost everyone could do, at least those that were fit enough to fight. There were times when the stands on the riverbanks would plunge in, and there was no mention on casualties resulting from this.

Book we read;

But yeah, I’m gonna guess a water filled city, most people are gonna know how to swim.

I can’t be the only one with the mental image of Ubi’s bigwigs sitting at a meeting discussing AC2 during its beginning stages, unanimously coming to the conclusion that Charles was clearly the man to handle the work for all the violent parts of the game. “I still have a black eye from when I took his last Mountain Dew without asking! And nobody ever saw that one intern ever again!”

Snapped pencils piled up like cordwood!

Ouch… scans of the game informer are circling around the net. Very sad considering they were suppose to be in store on the 16th.

Subscribers tend to get copies earlier.

But hey, swimming is confirmed!

Heh. One thing I hope they don’t screw up is the sense of discovery in finding paths in the late stage game. Really, it wasn’t until the last few assassinations that the gameplay seemed to really come into focus, like avoiding the guard packs and the frequent use of blending. I hope they start AC2 a little farther up the difficulty curve.

I loved the first one but I really, really hope they allow you skip the cut scenes in the second one.