Assassin's Creed 3

I want to play Crackdown’s Creed too.

Day of the Tentacle, man.

Exactly! That was like twenty years ago, man!

I’m no historian, but I was under the impression that America’s cities around that time weren’t very large or built up. After all, it was a colony, right? Some quick research on the topic says that the British-occupied territories at that time had 2.5M people in them. By comparison, Britain’s population was around 60M.

Still, it’s nice to transition away from Europe. I assume that the new assassin will be helping Washington beat those dirty redcoats and win the war. Which is immediately appealing to me. Who wouldn’t want to play a part in the most important fight in the nation’s history? Already looking forward to the “Assassinate King George III” day-one DLC.

According to what I’ve read the last census before the Revolutionary War had Boston’s population at around 15,000. Extremely small by European standards, but still big enough for AC3’s purposes I think.

Just a shot in the dark, but this change in location does tend to lens itself to more open world/less parkour. But Equis will probably show up with veiled hints about why I’m off my gourd.

No, there’s even more parkour. You can now travel climb trees and cliffs using it.

I don’t know who to take seriously anymore. Are you working on this game too, Royal Fool? Are we all working on this game? Who am I?

It’s uncommon, to be sure, which makes it interesting in itself. I’ll speculate on settings too.

1. Towns: Boston, Philadelphia, and/or New York? At least two of the three, I guess. Maybe all of them. To what degree of detail and complexity? None of the previous shop types, lame as they were in the other games, are plausible here, so what do you fill out the towns with apart from mysteriously common bales of hay and rooftop dovecotes? Another thing about these towns is the lack of towers to jump off of. Sure, plenty of church steeples, but mostly not very big ones.

2. At least one Virginia plantation? Maybe a couple, if you own at least one, and various wealthy enemies own others.

3. Random wilderness mixed with soldiers’ camps. I guess there will be a lot of these. Seems like they will be boring, but you never know.

4. Leonardo-like guy. What about good old Benjamin Franklin? If he wasn’t such an obvious Templar due to his masonic background (along with everyone else in the milieu; maybe there is a sekrit masonic schism?) he would be the obvious inventor to have on your side making your electric lightning blades and whatnot.

5. Famous assassin mentor. Who? Jefferson? Paine? Sam Adams? Aaron Burr? They all seem kind of silly, but I suppose that’s the hallmark of the series, historical silliness.

6. Neutral famous person to protect. Washington, obviously, unless he’s a villain.

7. Villain. Again, I’m going with Hamilton, along with various evil effeminately aristocratic brits.

Now that I think about it, there aren’t that many historical settings for computer games at all, are there. Apart from pure wargames. Are there any 19th century computer game settings at all? The Napoleonic period has an obvious appeal…

Oh man, if Thomas Jefferson is an assassin in this game I will buy three copies.

Not sure I follow… Blacksmiths aren’t plausable in 1776? Tailors? Banks? Bookshops?

Or if you’re talking about all the random ‘filler’ buildings, well, they can easily fill the towns with the same store/building types that existed in 1776. Or follow the lead of the previous games and just make non-descript biuldings everywhere. That works too.

The GI article supposedly answers a lot of these questions. There is a GAF thread discussing it, but don’t go there if you want to remain spoiler-free. I’d also recommend not bringing any of those details here until more people get the mag.

If the purpose of an AC assassin’s garb is to blend in with the crowd, then Connor is going to be a terrible assassin.

I’m calling it right here: no more social stealth in AC.

Edit: I’m not serious, BTW. I realize now that statement was too dry for internetland. I’d be shocked if AC gutted one of its core features.

Dunno - he never looked all that much like a Roman courtesan.

Yeah I don’t think Ezio’s walking arsenal really ever fit in all that well, logically. Maybe he had the power to cloud men’s minds, like Alec Baldwin.

Ezio’s garb was far less conspicuous than what Connor is wearing in those screenshots, even if Ezio didn’t fit in very well. The color contrast alone makes Connor stand out far more than Ezio ever did; he’s the only white object in a sea of grays, blues, and browns interspersed with reds.

I want a gunstock club!

I’m hoping, against all evidence, that this ends up being more like Last of The Mohicans than the Patriot. Or Revelations.

I’d rather they moved the timeline and explored different settings. Brotherhood and Revelations felt like indecisive cash-ins to me. Perhaps justified, since AC2 was good, but indecisive cash-ins nonetheless.

One of the movies that was watched endlessly in the studio was Last of the Mohicans.

Very cool, loved that movie!