Assassins Creed 4 Pirates

I’m using M&K so I’d assume its the same idea, just shoot without using the aiming. I’ll have to give it a try tonight, thanks!

I’m a latecomer too. What an awesome game. The naval combat is like all the good parts of Pirates! that I used to have to imagine on the C64. My favorite game right now.

Not a huge fan of the land missions, but they add some variety.

Harpooning is just so much fun, got a hammerhead last night.

Try the white shark - Scared the bejeezus out of my GF the first time she tried it! And yes, I love the game as well, but mostly the Sea parts actually. I am kinda sad the next AC takes place in Paris actually.

Does anyone else have the damn Shanties on their minds as well constantly? They are just so great I cant stop humming them!

Leave her Johhnyyyy, Leave her, ooOOhh Leave her Johhny Leave her. :-D

I started playing this on the PS4 a few weeks ago. I haven’t finished an AC game since the original; I’m pretty sure I’ll finish AC4. I just love this game. Not just the naval combat, but the land missions are fun, too. I originally rented this game on the 360 upon release and couldn’t get into it… maybe I wasn’t in the mood or the graphics looked weak. On a PS4, though, my goodness what an absolutely beautiful game. And the rain and thunder effects, so much weather-effect goodness going on there.

I pre-ordered Unity, although I wonder without the ships, the sea battles, and tropical islands to explore, will it hold my attention the way AC4 has? :)

I’m in the same boat. I’d really soured on the AC series after Brotherhood but I’m completely hooked on Black Flag.

Yeah, the GF and I are the same. I am also somewhat curious if Unity can hold my interest, without the wonderful locales of Black Flag, and of course the sea which is simply so damn well done.

I just finished this and have zero desire to get unity. The naval combat was the best part of the game by far. There were a lot of insanely poorly designed ground missions in this game and i see no reason to think unity will be different, except that it will be 100% (mostly poorly designed) ground missions.

All this talk is really tempting me to skip the rest of Revelations, all of AC3, all of Liberation, and go straight to AC4. I must resist! Even AC2, a game I didn’t much care for, got better towards the end and had several redeeming moments worth experiencing. I just wish they had a slower release schedule so that I could keep up.

For me naval combat was nice because it gave more variety overall to the game, but I was pretty tired of it at the end of the game (actually, I was tired of it 3/4 into the game). More of the same in Unity wouldn’t be the solution to AC problems, they have to tack the problems the series have straight-on, or they will never be fixed. No idea if they will get it in Unity, but at least it seems they are trying it, with changes to stealth, combat and mission design.

Do eeet!

I played 1, 2, and Brotherhood. I then didn’t keep up, and therefore gave up, on the series because yearly releases = dumb. I enjoyed each game more than the last, but also started to wear thin on the basic formula. Basically I love the digital tourism aspect, and visiting the cities was the draw, but the gameplay was getting stale.

I friggin loved Black Flag.

Honestly the parts that are the most AC of the game are also the least interesting. Some of the missions are straight up dumb (I’m looking at you Calico Jack, that is the least convincing, most forced mutiny ‘because pirates’ thing ever). Going around the sea though was simply a ton of fun. Exploring locales, boarding ships, attacking forts, all great. I put over 60 hours in the game, and this for someone who has a hard time scrounging up 5 hours in a week to play games.

It is also why I don’t plan on getting Unity. Black Flag made it clear I have nearly no interest in the basic formula of an AC game. I’m over it. What I got, and what I wanted, was the pirate game. They make more of that, I might get tempted. Otherwise I’m done.

Yeah, I’m a virtual tourist too. That’s why I loved the first game so much. The second game quickly bored me because they added sooo many hours of filler. After I’d already seen all of Florence, I don’t need a dozen more missions making me zig zag back and forth around the same areas of the city. Same with the opening sections of Venice later in the game. The first game had this part perfect: Nine assassinations, each part taking place in a brand new never before seen section of Damascus, Jerusalem or Acre. My time in the game was nearly all as a virtual tourist, always with new sights to behold.

But I do have to admit that Brotherhood was the exception. That’s the one in which I didn’t mind that the game was so long. Rome was big enough that I never felt like I was doing the same thing over and over around the same areas.

In Revelations so far, I’ve only seen the parts of Istanbul around the river. I haven’t really been able to go exploring much in the hidden areas of the map yet.

Also the Aveline DLC seems terrible. I deeply regret buying that.

I assume I had to have played the previous games (AC3 and AC liberation i think?) to “Get It.” As someone who didn’t though it just lacks any kind of depth in story or characters.

I just finished Revelation and have started 3, and I’ll say that Constantinople isn’t nearly as interesting as Rome is (it’s more like the cities in 1 than any of the games in the Ezio series). There were a few interesting things that Revelations did, but it was the first one that I really was focused on the main storyline (and trying to get a few assassins up to Master level for those little missions). I’m not far enough into 3 to really make a decision on it, although it seems to have an emphasis on open spaces as opposed to cities, so I don’t know what you think of that.

I loved, loved, loved Black Flag, even though I suck at action games in general because I’m old.

The shanties and naval fights were lots of fun. The worst part of the game were the eavesdropping missions where you have to stay in a radius or lose. I also disliked the Charlestown mission where you had to follow the ship through the swamp as it seemed forced.

Harpooning was a friggin blast and I was killing sharks and whales left and right.

I actually really liked the diving bell missions, which it seems most people hated.

Sounds like Assassin’s Creed: Rogue is going to be right in your dock.

I did too, other than those abominable sharks. I’m sorry stealth underwater missions with sharks on patrol routes? Dumb dumb duuuuuuuuummmmmbbbbb.

Hunting legendary ships though? Amazing.

I am cautiously optimistic for that. Admittedly I just finished Black Flag, so I’ve no drive to get back in right now, but maybe in 6 months I’ll grab it. Depends on if it holds up as well.

I would love a 60FPS patch for Black Flag. I keep wanting to jump back in and explore/collect more, but the framerate usually turns me off. It wasn’t as noticeable when the PS4 first launched, but now with games like TLOU running at 60, Black Flag just feels weird to play.

I played AC1,2 and 4. This one was my hands down favorite, loved the setting, loved the pirate theme. I stopped playing shortly after the first diving bell mission because I hated it so much. Sharks and jellyfish can fuck off, you go from being a super hero in the regular game to being a shitty frogger.

There is one. It is called the PC.

More pirating in Raven’s Cry, out in a week. Positive hand-on impressions from RPG Watch.

Wandering round a town

Ship Combat