Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

This game… so satisfying.

Been going about, doing my thing, taking side quests, exploring, leveling and getting richer. I finally ‘get’ sailing now and have upgraded the ship and that’s been fun. Then this who Kosmos Cultists thing; THAT’S fantastic (some great loot)! And just when I’d totally forgotten about the pretext of the game I am reminded about the Assassin’s overarching mission which is sending me back in time. Some pretty funny tidbits and easter eggs at mission control btw.

Thanks for the reminder about the Boar-of-unusual-size. I should go back and grab that one. But yes, in general; everywhere I’ve been in the world and had my ass handed to me before, when I go back at about +2 or +3 level is totally manageable if not a piece of cake.

So what’s the deal with “Documents” in your Inventory’s ‘Bag’? Do they belong to existing quests or are they sort of quests unto themselves? One of mine has a check mark over it but I am not clear about it. Does that mean it’s been completed or just that it is active or available?

My Kassandra is in her 30’s and I’ve taken a lot of passives from each tree – damage, defense and healing from warrior, poison and better assassinations from assassin – but have focused on maximizing my hunter damage. Hunter damage is pretty OP, or at least VERY P; devastating shot is ridiculous, but even my normal shots with normal arrows crit for insane amounts. Mercs at + level are nothing to me now. In fact, combat has become very easy since I maxxed the hunter passive that snaps to the enemy. One of the keys to the build, though, is poison. 6 points in the 2 poison traits multiplies damage crazily; and now I have a bow and a set of daggers that apply poison passively with every hit.

Well this was embarrassing. It took me until level 30 to realize you can have more than 4 melee abilities equipped at a time.

For some reason I read that as a reference to Kassandra’s age and thought it cool that you got to pick how old she is during character customization. I then amused myself thinking of someone creating a septuagenarian assassin to terrorize Greece.

You don’t get that second melee wheel until you level your Spear to 3, so don’t feel too bad.

heh. I would totally play a septuagenarian Kassandra.

Oooh, I didn’t realize that. Okay, definitely feel a little less oblivious now. :)

Her athleticism might be a tad less believable in that case. ;-)

My Kassandra would never reveal her age… though I am younger than you guys.

The modern stuff just woosh over my head I don’t get that at all. First ac. So I click through. Should I care?

The modern stuff was inane in the first game and got worse in subsequent games. In this one so far at least (level 27) it seems like a mere gesture for continuity which can be completely ignored. The basic concept was stupid when Frank Herbert did it in Dune, and it’s even stupider today.

Anyone starting the series now at least gets the advantage of features like the climb down from stuff button.

Introduced in about game seven :/

Ty Both. Miramon help me out with your Dune reference. How does that relate? I haven’t read Dune in 12 years.

Species memory maybe? Secret clubs?

FYI My K isn’t in some secret club.

Magical gene memory. There’s no room in the genome or even in cytoplasm for memory, and moreover it’s obvious that there’s no mechanism for encoding memories in cells. Both Dune and AC are ostensibly science fiction, and both feature this magic capability.

When I play an Ubigame I do have a sense that I’ve seen these things before somewhere, the same but different… you mean that’s not gene memory? I think it must be.

I am certainly not a geneticist but wasn’t there a recent study that showed some memory or – something --was being passed on? I may look for it and link.

How fun is it to reverse swan dive off of the fast-travel high points, eh?

A question about engravings. Some engravings will let you put the same one on a lot of pieces of armor and/or weapons (melee (warrior), bow (hunter)) so do they all stack?

Moreover, if it’s say, +8% Fire Damage and you have it on a sword, and a dagger AND a bow are you getting +24%or just +16% when you melee and +8% when you use the bow?

Have you swan dived into the pile of leaves?

At a certain point the game just turned falling damage off. My Kassandra just leaps off anything, rolls and gets up. The horse… not always so good.

Videogame just not giving a fuck and being a videogame-ass videogame. I love it.

Well you can’t die from falling. It is some ac thing. My K is a warrior and not some hooded assassin from some past game. I dunno.

230114_908223010

This is the first AC game that you can’t die from falling. ;)