Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

This will be my first AC. I am really looking forward to it. Ancient Greece, open world, female lead! What could possibly go wrong. I may even pre-order.

It really does look good though. I am sure skipping all the prior AC’s put me at some disadvantage but that’s what I aim to do.

The prior AC’s have nothing to do with this one. I’m sure the modern day bits can be distilled into Bad Guys = Templars, Good Guys = Assassins. The rest of the game happens before any other AC.

They also managed to make an AC that isn’t a day one for me. How odd.

Heh same here. I am gonna wait for a half off sale then get the ultimate edition.

Oh, nice. Discovery tour of Greece is in!

Heya LK – guess you guys talked me back into the forums. I am sure I will be nice.

This one has all the earmarks of a sp roleplaying game in ancient Greece. I can’t think of anything better on my wish list. Not quite sure the era (I better look it up) - Peloponnesian War?

Not sure about combat etc but the fact that you can turn all the map points off in “exploration mode” made me very happy. I will be in on first day.

The recent Hitman game had some timed content for single player.

SOLD.

(Heh, like it wasn’t gonna be already)

The Homestead stuff in AC3 was the best part of the game. :)

I mean, this is AC: Witcher 3 Edition. TW3 also released 16 free DLC packages weekly or biweekly and two big expansions. The only difference I can see is that AC expansions will be episodic, which I am not a fan of. And I have some doubts about them matching Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine quality. Still, I am totally in. This is the most interesting AC game in like forever.

That’s cool that this game interests so many folks so much, but I’m still out I think. This just looks like the kind of unfocused open world stuff that wears me down. I guess I may be done with AC.

I’m with you Mr. Dive. I stick to stuff that at least tries to have a story-line.

Right. If this turns out successfully I might envy people who skipped Origins and went straight to this one for their new gen AC experience.

I don’t understand the cooing over this while dismissing Origins. This looks mechanically similar to Origins. Same open-world structure, similar loot and combat, quests look the same, etc. This just has a lot more naval combat, a gender choice, and some tweaks to the way powers and skills work. Hell, a lot of textures and model assets look ripped right out of Origins.

Origins at times feels like a proof of concept for a new iteration of the series.

This feels like they’ve got a better chance at fully realizing the ideas with some focus, story, and writing chops that were missing from Origins. They’re clearly drawing on quest structures and complex story arcs from The Witcher 3 and trying to incorporate that within this framework.

For me, the hope is that this will be to Origins what AC2 was to AC.

I’m suddenly a lot less interested.

Why do you think this doesn’t have a story line?

I suspect most naval combat will be optional.

Or at least really fast.

Welcome back!

I suspect that it will be almost an open world rpg. Though I will say I have no idea what the combat is like. I have a controller now though! So I am ready!

It is rare for me to jump in early on a new game.