Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Now I’ll be refreshing my email for the next few weeks. Come on Ubisoft, I might have only played the first four AC games, but I deserve an email don’t I? I connected with Uplay for all 4 games!

did you make this up just to mess with us? I got no ubilove email either, and its bugging me! I purchase EVERYTHING they make!

Twitch Prime gear?!?!

Nah, I’m not that evil. Here’s a screen print for part of it -

3504 kills / 58 hours = 1 Kill per minute. Nice stat.

This world looks just fantastic.

Story so far summary video (pretty good!)

Launch trailer is up:

Dang that’s a violent trailer. I mean, it’s Assassin’s Creed and all – I get it – but the world they have created is pretty attractive. I would have liked to see more exploration of it in the trailer.

Action! Combat! Slice and dice!

Yeah, it was a bit too focused on that. Weren’t people saying a month ago that now is more of a RPG?

I just saw it without any audio. I love the shots of the character going through this really tall tomb, with the lighting of his torch. I love the sense of scale, and the details. Including on that chariot. Definitely more detail here than previous entries that I’ve played, but to be fair I haven’t played one in a long time. This looks gorgeous though.

Each game has had increased level of world detail, their open world design team is top tier imho.

So tempted to pre-order so I can pre-load.

When do the review embargoes lift?

Ubisoft review embargoes are 99% release day.

Except Syndicate was strangely 3 days early.

I’m very excited to play this and my kids will seriously love the “spectator” mode when they can get in the game and just wander around and check out Ancient Egypt. Since I just started Syndicate and Mario comes out on Friday, I’ll probably hold off on purchasing this until spectator mode is patched in.

I’ve never been a big Assassin’s Creed fan, but if they can pull off a similar vibe as Witcher 3 than sign me up. Usually just too much busywork in AC games.

There isn’t a hope in hell that the quests or writing will be anything like as good as the Witcher.

It ah, seems like review copies are out, he said, looking at some gameplay stats on his friends list…;)

Launch day stuff.

Day 1 patch details as well.

GMG keys are being sent out, I just got mine. :D

I’ll be curious what you think, especially if they upped their game in the story / quests. Also if they improved their combat.