Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Yikes, I just found a location in the starting city that had enemies with skulls above their heads. I kinda though the starting area was meant for the early game, but after I was 2 shot I guess not! My hits barely even did any damage to them.

Edit: Decided to just take their stuff. No need to fight.

Is every location to do something at marked on the map (except for the papyrus clue locations)? I did find the first papyrus clue and location and that was very fun. I wish they handled most locations like that.

Even though I turned off the points of interest on the Witcher 3 map I can’t ignore / turn off the location icons on the AC map. I mean I actually can but in TW3 I felt like I could and I would still find most of them by just looking at the surroundings. I feel like if I ignored them in AC:O, I would never find most of the things.

I’m able to accept it for what it is, but this is such a cool world it seems like a missed opportunity to just allow for more exploring.

Pretty much everything is marked, but most things are visible and findable through exploration, so you can pay them little mind, young Bayek.

I find the difficulty just about right (I have it on easy). That said I did enjoy the bounty hunters. I admit to doing a bit of a halfling observing the ring wraith hunting me from afar.

I also like the daily quest from the trader kid. Good loot and good random quests.

I guess my only real complaint is the world feels a wee bit empty.But hey, its desert so I guess it makes sense. But maybe double the number of forts would have been cool.

As seems to be law in these kinds of games, attacking enemy bases stealthily is the best, scripted missions where you have to fight the way the game wants you to is the worst. Well except for the modern storyline junk, thats the worst.

For my tastes the game could be “go attack these bases and assassinate these people” done like the kid merchant quests and it would have been better. They could have cut out the whole of the story and I would have been just fine.

I think assassination just needs to be folded into the ‘thief’ skill tree and they could free themselves from the baggage of the series, while still doing loads of cool stuff.

I would play that!

You want god mode? You want to run like a cheetah? Unlimited underwater swimming? Never desync?

Cheats coming to Uplay on PC for Origins. Free.

That seems like a great idea to me, but not as cheats, but to tweak the game and rebalance it/make it harder in a way I like it.

Came late to the party on this one.

Simple review: Hands down the best AC they have made. My game of the year for last year. Really, loved everything about it. Loved exploring–enough I started watching Egypt documentaries, loved the new combat system, loved the story. Most of all I loved the character I am playing. Not a brooding grump guy, or action man, but a cop. He just helps people. People like him. You play with friends children, and know how to laugh, even with the crazy you are dealing with, and the usual revenge tale you are having.

At least on the PC version there are 3 buttons next to the outfit on the gear screen that toggle hair, beard, and hood. The console versions can do it too but I believe you do it a different way.

Yeah I think they added that in the first patch. Wasn’t in base release.

IIRC it was accomplished by holding one trigger or the other and clicking one or more of the stick buttons. Does that sound right, people?

yeah i was scruffy looking the whole game.

I’m starting to run out of steam at level 20. I’ve killed all the revealed targets except the crocodile and lizard. My guess is that more will be revealed once these are dead. For me, the high point of the game is definitely the environment. The combat gets very repetitive, probably since there hasn’t been much enemy variety. My last target (the Hyena) at least changed things up some which made it more interesting.

While the combat is better than other AC games, I still find The Witcher 3 combat much better. There just seemed to be more interesting abilities, and it wasn’t all bandits and guards (and hyenas, antelope, crocodiles, etc).

Someone else mentioned up thread that it’s nice to play as an upstanding character, and I agree.

I started only doing enough side quests to keep me leveled up high enough to do the main quests. From this point on is it mainly rinse and repeat? Without specifics, are there any must see locations / enemies that would be a shame to miss?

Keep going. The quests around the Crocodile are pretty good. Fairly emotional stuff - surprising from Ubisoft, I know.

Take some long trips around the perimeter of the map. Fabulous.

Do they involve … crocodile tears? Ha ha ha! Oh man!

You’ll be here all week, tip your servers, try the veal? ;-)

Anyone recognize who does the voice for Vetruvius? He has a very distinctive voice that I know I’ve heard somewhere before, but I can’t place him. It’s driving me crazy! And for once, searching for an answer is of no help. Even IMDB doesn’t list the voice actor.

While the game play was still repetitive, I enjoyed the story and locations at the end of the game. Not sure if it was worth the hour investment, but I’m glad I got closure on the story.