Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

@KristiGaines maybe I will be! Depends if I pick it up or move on to a backlog game, of which I have many. :D

I finished up The Hidden Ones and cleaned up 90% of the Sinai DLC map. Also was rewarded Gertha an armored war camel!

Be jealous Ms Gaines, behold my shield wearing Bayek and Gertha!

Gertha knows you are checking out that shield! And senses your jealousy!

Also some lovely Sinai scenery!

Next up will be the zombie dlc!

I am surprised @tomchick didn’t mention the Zombie DLC, did you ever get to it Tom?

I’m afraid I did not, but I’m worried I won’t be able to go back to Egypt after what Ubisoft has shown me in Ancient Greece. I do look forward to reading your impressions, though. You’ve got the right idea getting through Origins before Ubisoft really spoils you.

-Tom

You know LK that game looks pretty durn good. BUT you are missing a very important part: No Kassandra!

BTW I saw a GREAT piece on Rock, paper, shotgun about the difference between K and Alexis (?). Someone smart should link that in the ac creed ody thread.

The season pass for this is on sale right now on GMG, as is the base game, and the two big DLC packs, as part of the Action and Adventure Game sale. The site seems to be having some problems whereby it will sometimes show the sale price and you click to get details and it won’t show the same price.

Hey! FYI I played 4 hours of this today and I will say this if it makes a difference for anyone: It has gotten better for me as I progress.

First, I try not to ocd about markers and quests.

Second I probably over level a bit.

Third the storyline is actually not terrible. The early villain is a creepy guy for sure. I think I dated his brother back in '06.

Good Lord those sunrises are pretty damn amazing.
(this was meant for the AC:Ody thread)

Drats wrong thread. NOT Bourbon tonight Patrick just clutzyness.

@KristiGaines is on the sauce! Posting in the wrong AssCreed thread! :D

Well hell I screw up all the time. I think I made bad law today at the Court of Appeals as well. LK are you finished with that desert rat game and are coming over to Malaka! ?

Ms Gaines , I still have 15+ hours of Ancient Egyptian Zombies to deal with. Then I might pick up Odyssey and play it on Ultra pc settings, or keep playing it for free via the Google offer (but I am not super impressed with the streamed visual quality).

It really looks nice on Ultra. Only slight slowdown I get is when I synch someplace with my hawk. remarkable engineering. Super smooth.

My early frustration with it was I suck at combat. But I am getting malaka better and heads are rolling. I almost feel like Mercato from the Joe Abercombie series – I may be terrible at combat but everything just ends up burning around me.

a word of warning for PC owners. Since more and more often sales of AC:O are happening, you need a CPU that supports SSE4.1/4.2 instruction sets … I fell into that trap, bought the game on the weekend with all DLC at greenmangaming (no refunds if activated)

(it looks like SSE 4.x is something they use for DRM/Denuvo)

What bugs me a lot is, that when you start the game it does not report anything, no message window, it just stops running and opens uplay. So I guess this issue will spread now that the game is one year old and there might be Pc gamers who want to jump in.

And the refund policicy of GMG is a joke, how can you refund a game that is not running on your computer, without activating /downloading (answer: you can’t)…

So it is time to retire my trusted, old friend AMD Athlon II X4 3Ghz for something newer (glad that I have an AM3+ mainboard), the AMD FX8300 is fairly cheap, should even double my performance

I was thinking of buying the PS4 version, but then made the wrong choice, at leaset I have a reason to upgrade my PC ;)

Yeah that upgrade is close to twice the CPU performance, so not bad!
How do the rest of your PC specs look?

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: High

Nvidia GTX 960 (4GB) and 8 GB Ram, should be OK …

Ah cool , well I hope you enjoy it when you do get to playing. I am nearing 90 hours with 92% main map completion , 100% Sinai completion (The hidden Ones DLC) , and 10% Thebes (Zombies DLC) done so far.

yeah, really, I should have checked the instruction sets of my CPU before buying, how dumb of me ! It’s the same when you buy a pair of trousers, right? You check the numbers… how silly I was ubi$oft, it is such an obvious thing to do, just check the numbers… (/sarcasm)

Did anyone else run into a problem with this game’s photo mode? I haven’t tried lately, but the couple of times I tried near release just resulted in an eternal revolving “working on it” icon (which at least you could dismiss via the escape key).

Never had any issues with Photo Mode, my few pics above of The Hidden Ones DLC were captured with it.

Hmm, I’ll try it again and see, maybe it was just a bug. If it doesn’t work I wonder what in my setup could be the cause. Maybe because I had GeForce Experience running?

Anyone else play Curse of the Pharaohs?

I am only an hour in or so , but had like 15 quests tossed at me, was really weird to see that.

I just picked up Odyssey and have been enjoying it. It was my first Assassin’s Creed. Can anyone compare it to Origins, because I see this is on sale too right now. My only question is whether Origins is more difficult than Odyssey, because Odyssey is RIGHT on the cusp of how difficult of a game I can handle, mostly do to the action control scheme which I am terrible at.