Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

5 hours isn’t nearly enough, sir :) The rift is about 3, Jack the Ripper is about 5 alone. Good luck though :)

Still trying to figurenout how he hell to share a clip/GIF/video and send it over to my phone, but in the mean time:

Edit: that didn’t work very well, did it.

Worked pretty well for me. I giggled. ;)

That sequence reminded me of Assassin’s Creed 1, except in that one, if you fall in the water, it’s instant de-synchronization, since Altair never fell in the water in his genetic memories. (I love that explanation). But presumably, if you’d fallen in the water there, you’d be fine, right?

Yeah, you can swim in Syndicate. In the sewer that is the Thames.

They should have done like AC Rogue where you could swim in the ocean but it was cold as hell! and you would freeze to death. Eventually. But in the Thames you’d just start making urpy puke sounds until you turn green and sink to the bottom.

You can swim, yes, and pretty fast as well. You can also take leaps of faith from bridges and masts into the water, which looks kinda cool. Plus you’re much less detected in water, so the Thames part of town with mini quests like sabotaging and stealing cargos on boats is a fun addition :)

Haha yeah I always think about that when I have them swimming around for too long. I haven’t seen a shower on the train hideout either, so I imagine they must smell like shit by now. Literally.

This game also has the best zip line assassinations, as you can pretty much set them up anywhere. :D

The detail of the river area is very good, along the sides are quay walls with water vents, pouring in filthy water and sewage.

They really should have just called this game Assassin’s Creed: Batman.

Batman doesn’t kill. :p

Neither does Evie in the Jack the Ripper DLC! She just flings fear dust and beats people up.

Funny :-)

The zip thingie is amazing. Pretty much flying through London.
Just killed the doctor in the Asylum by hiding on the gurney, pretending to be a cadaver. That was great :)

I followed Charles Dickens around for a while as well, cause I was curious to see where he would go. It started raining and he got really annoyed with that, flicking his bangs angrily and looking up at the sky. Such a fun and great little detail. I’ll have to share that as well, but my network is really acting up.
Plus now - I have 5 minutes left and then Origins is here. Sorry Jacob and Evie, you’ll have to wait for a bit :)

I’ve cleared Whitehall (?) and climbed Big Ben. I have to say: neither the characters nor the setting are really clicking with me yet. There’s too much hubris with the twins and the city is just sort of dirty and polluted. I guess I’ve only scratched the surface, though.

Yeah, that’s how London was back then. Dirty and polluted. So they did a good job with th me game then, if that’s actually annoying you :)

But I actually agree with you a bit on not clicking with the characters. It’s not that I don’t like them, I just don’t care about them or their story all that much. I like Evie the best but still not enough to think I’ll be sad to see them go. But the game and the setting and the missions are great enough for me to keep playing it til the end.

Oh I love them. I think they’re great. he’s a right cocky bastard and she’s like the brain and also a better assassin tbh.
Love the city as well, and the 19th century social and technological scenery. For a marxist like me, working with/for the man himself is awesome lol. imo this is the best creed game of them all.

I really enjoyed the payoff at the end of the Dreadful Crimes dlc, the last 3 missions got me to stay up past quarter to three!

So I have 1 story mission left, the future rift and then Jack the Ripper dlc. I think I’ll finish the main story later today, then hold off on the future stuff and jack the ripper for a bit.

Need to get my feet into the stands of Egypt soooon. :p

And the main story is complete! Loved that final mission so much, and dare I say it, perhaps one of the best boss fights in the entire series? :D

And whats this? Stuff after the main story? Wuts?

Overall really a great game! Now I am going to take a break for awhile, I must ride camels in Egypt!
But I will be back to finish up the Victoria stuff, the river future rift, and Jack the Ripper DLC.

I think I’ll have to play both these games. Maybe a little light roof-jumping to start off the day, and then switch over to horseback later. I miss the rappelling device!