Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

I just started playing Syndicate to try and satisfy my desire to explore a world right now. A couple questions…

1. I’m playing the first mission to assassinate the ironworks guy. I’m mostly just climbing up high with little fighting. Will not getting the XP and loot from fighting come back to haunt me and make things difficult?

2. Are there any interface settings you’d recommend adjusting? I think everything is on by default. Is there any setting that makes exploration better without making finding objectives a nightmare?

3. I tend not to be a huge fan of AC games. Is there any mindset I should try to be in so I don’t get tired of it before I finish?

4. Any gameplay benefit to killing non-enemies who seem to be abusing kids in the ironworks?

Thanks

I’m playing the first mission to assassinate the ironworks guy. I’m mostly just climbing up high with little fighting. Will not getting the XP and loot from fighting come back to haunt me and make things difficult?

I had maxed out both my characters easily a few hours before getting to the final mission.

Are there any interface settings you’d recommend adjusting? I think everything is on by default. Is there any setting that makes exploration better without making finding objectives a nightmare?

I just left it on as default, I sorta ignore most of the stuff as I am use to Ubi cluttering the screen. :p

I tend not to be a huge fan of AC games. Is there any mindset I should try to be in so I don’t get tired of it before I finish?

Think of it as a gangs-of-london simulator with AC sprinkled over top. I really enjoyed it!

Any gameplay benefit to killing non-enemies who seem to be abusing kids in the ironworks?

Nope.

---- Overall be glad you played this before AC:Origins, as I don’t think I could go back to the old combat style for 30-40 hours after using Origins new combat.

Only other tip I suggest, is use the horse and buggies, they are the fastest method of travel in this game before you unlock all the fast travel points.

Thanks lordkosc!

I found that the rooftops of London are the most unfriendly in the series for a game that was so parkour focused in the past.

Other than what @lordkosc said: do the first mission for Graham Bell asap, as it gives you the rappelling device, which makes transportation so much more fun (and fast). I also try to mix up area clearing-missions with a few main quest missions in between, so that I don’t get tired of it.

OK @kristina, I’ll keep my eye out for that mission.

Is there any reason to split my time between the two assassins? I tend to go in sneaky, so I was planning on using Evie. I don’t mind fighting when I need to, but I’m not looking to fight every enemy that exists.

Not really, the game will automatically change between the two for certain missions. I also prefer to be as stealthy as possible, so I’m generally using Evie when I don’t have to be Jacob.

That’s because Evie is clearly the best Assassin ever.

Hk47portrait-298x300

“Requiescat in Pace” :D

HK-47 was great, but Evie is better. just my two cents.

Why though? What did she do or say that was interesting? I liked her well enough but I didn’t really find her to stand out all that much. I preferred her methods and tended to play her over her brother, but he did seem to have more personality. Mostly I remember Evie scolding her brother.

I find Jacob more fun and charming in his way, but since I enjoy playing stealthy, Evie fits that role better. Jacob is more of a brute and hot head, and I just feel it doesn’t fit his description to be crouching on a roof and wait for the right moment to jump on people.

I like evies loving condescension towards her hothead brother while she also gets swept up in his enthusiasm. Yep she’s a great little character.

It’s also fun busting heads in the boxing activity with Evie vs much larger guys.

I didn’t know that was possible. The game always automatically stuck Jacob in the ring when I started those activities.

Hmmm, weird.

Sometimes the cutscenes are a little misleading. Before one of the missions - early on, Jacob said he was going to take out the snipers before I got to the chest. So, I went down to the chest as Evie and it didn’t seem like he took any of the snipers out as I had to deal with them.

Was I supposed to switch to Jacob and take them out myself as him?

Fight clubs were an option for both characters after the first one.

Looking back at Syndicate, I fell into the money bin spiral of doom, where I had so much coin at the end with nothing to spend it on.

I really missed being able to upgrade shops / buildings like in the previous games. I mean the train even auto-upgraded it self as you played for free.

In my play through , I watched him take out 1 sniper and then he gave me a wave or tipped his hat or something and disappeared.