Whatever, Miss A. The only person I can recall having an Internet Score to settle with prior to this thread is . . . wait there’s nobody, really. Not even after this thread.

But then, “no you are” is the least original response in the history of responses. Raise a child and you’ll hear it as the first retort they ever use. It’s meaningless, but it sounds good and gives you something to say.

But let’s take a look at your statement as if it had meaning. You claim that I am 100% of part of the problem in this thread. Setting aside that the math can’t add up, I didn’t post anything until page 10 or 11. The damage had already been done by then.

Also, is the “problem” really just some guy calling out silly crap people are doing? If so, I have to question your ability to percieve the issues. I read the whole damn crap burrito that this thread is, and it seems to me that it’s all about people who have been harboring ill will about Tom taking the opportunity to spew more of the same junk about how he’s unfair about the way he runs this forum, and how it doesn’t really belong to him, it belongs to them.

Well, for better or worse, this site is Tom’s. And Mr. Chick makes his living as a writer about games, making this site associated with his professional persona. Do you let something associated with your main means of earning an income be run by random people? If you do, you are a fool. One of the first things the internet should teach you is that random people cannot be trusted. But really, not even the people you know personally can be trusted to look after your interests. As has been amply demonstrated here, there’s lots of people who post here who could give a damn about Tom or his ability to earn a living.

And that makes me disgusted.

You’re… not really very good at reading.

Tonight on FOX! Watch lions eat Christians!!

…oh, the avatars are gone.

no way.

You really need an avatar.

I registered years after I found this forum (I think it wasn´t even vbulletin back then, the forum pages had a blue background and different layout). You might remember that the banning policy was very different in those days…

Anyway this place is an absolutely unique island of reason in an ocean of madness with regard to gaming forums. This whole debacle isn´t funny.

Furthermore I like Toms thoughts about movies and I hope he unbans himself soon.

I’ll settle for just the movies podcast staying if I have to.

Seriously - I might cry if I lose that.

If I might be real for a second, that’s what the whole goddamn situation makes me feel like. Listening to Tom and reading Tom makes me love Tom, and I love some of the people who are back now. I have fucked up here. Like, a whole goddamn lot. More than I have any right to expect to be forgiven for. But people have and that’s, like…I can’t talk about it while I’m at work, because I really will get myself going. I’m going to go home in like a half an hour and I doubt I’ll be back for a few days - please, for the love of god, please don’t let the forum break. I don’t know what I’d do without this place.

People really can’t resist pushing the red button, can they?

I unbanned you and apologized, sorry that wasn’t enough for you.

It’s okay, next time I’ll ban him.

There were two ways to interpret “from where I’m sitting you’re 100% part of the problem”. (1) that I constituted an entire 100% of an undefined part of ‘the problem’ (100% of an unknown is meaningless), or (2) that I am a 100% part of the problem in this thread (but 100% is a whole, rather than a part). Neither one adds up, really, so I just picked one.

You have an alternate interpretation?

Rich, you posted this:

It comes off sounding petty and contributes to a negative atmosphere. To then go on and bemoan the way people act on Qt3 makes you look hypocritical. At least that’s the way I think many would interpret this. Maybe I’m wrong.

RickH: That the probability of you being part of the problem is 100%.

It’s shiny! Oooh, shiny!

You were complaining about sniping, after you did the very same thing. To my chemically altered brain, that makes you 100% part of the problem you were complaining about.

It was, I was half kidding in in the general angsty spirit of the thread.

Fair enough. I was referring to this post:

That’s it, I’m done. I will finish the vampire game and then I am out.

It was, ironically, followed by four more posts including more sniping at Tom. If you say you are out, be out. If you say you won’t air your greivances, stop airing them.

I was not sniping at Tom, I was joking with Tim and various other people. I just specifically said that I will not snipe at Tom when Tom’s not around to answer.

See what I mean?

Epic thread.

The problem Rick, is that you’re not in their edgy and cool club, where they sit in an IRC room all day and night dissecting everything that goes on here. That you’re not in the club makes you the problem. You aren’t them. In my opinion, they are 100% of the problem.