Avengers 3: Infinity War

Part 2 will actually be a trilogy. And the final movie in that trilogy will be 2 parts.

It’s two-part trilogy finales all the way down.

I’m pretty sure I definitely hate you.

And you’re gonna hate how on the last movie of the trilogy some rando just one shots Thanos. Rest of the movie is a 3 part fight between the GotG, the Avengers and Cpt. America’s team.

LOL! This is the best thing to come out of this Avengers movie.

I guess I’ll rent it or something at some point maybe whenever.

According to preliminary estimates, Avengers: Infinity War had the largest worldwide opening weekend of all time, with an estimated $630 million. (The previous record holder was The Fate of the Furious with $541 million.) And this is all without China, where it opens on May 11.

For the domestic box office, it had an estimated $250 million, beating out Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($248 million) for the largest domestic opening weekend of all time.

And just for contrast (and a little schadenfreude), Justice League had a lifetime domestic gross of $229 million, with a worldwide gross of $657 million.

Damn that’s impressive considering it’s was behind after Friday(and thurs previews) against Force Awakens. The Box Office is Disney as king with everybody else fighting over a very distant second.

Especially impressive given all the superhero fatigue going around!*

*among movie industry writers only, apparently.

I don’t even understand the bitching in Hollywood and their critics about this. It’s not as if I didn’t go see the Greatest Showman because Marvel exist. Yeah, I get that with resources in these movies and these actors in these movies are kind of all caught up but I look around… has there been a moment in time when there has this much content to watch?

There’s just tons of it. .Movies, TV shows, clips… there is never a shortage of something to watch and a ton of different kinds of options. I see a fair amount of movies in theater, see even more outside it buying it, on sub channels…

And no, the critically acclaimed indie title isn’t going to bring in 600 million in a weekend if that’s what they’re looking for. That didn’t usually happen before MCU either though.

Yeah this sentiment has baffled me as well.

To be somewhat fair, a lot of what drove the “superhero fatigue” narrative was James Cameron coming out and saying that while he likes the films, he thinks there are other stories to tell. That got covered a lot, because the media loves a feud between titans. Unfortunately for them, it wasn’t really that, and Cameron is of course right that there are other stories, and then Kevin Feige diffused the whole thing by complimenting Cameron.

“I’m hoping we’ll start getting Avenger fatigue here pretty soon. Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

Really, like 85% of the stories you get on Google search in the last month are people writing about what Cameron said and then embellishing a bit. It’s silly.

I’m experiencing superhero fatigue, what’s crazy about that?

Nothing at all crazy about individuals behaving however they want. I will say, though, that your fatigue is coming at an inopportune time, in my opinion, because Black Panther and Infinity War are way at the top of superhero movie quality for the last 10+ years.

I’d suggest you power through it!

Think I’ll probably power nap through it, and hopefully when I wake up I’ll be ready for round two.

“I hope people get Avengers fatigue soon, so they’ll have room for Avatar fatigue!”

I have tons-of-superheroes-in-one-movie fatigue. I just like a good, focused story. Black Panther and the latest Spiderman were a lot of fun. But I still haven’t seen Guardians 2, won’t bother with Justice League, and I’ll wait until Infinity War comes home to watch it.

You’re not going to be able to avoid spoilers from this movie.

Well this dummy was wrong about pretty much everything.

I don’t think many people believed it would make more money on opening weekend than TFA.

Yeah, but that was just the hilarious icing on the cake for me thinking it might not even beat Black Panther.