Avengers 3: Infinity War

Or, you know, get spoiled, what’s the difference.

I’m most excited about the rumored Tobias Funke cameo.

What?! Fuck! Now the whole movie is spoiled for me, and I can’t go see it now. THANKS MARK.

I haven’t seen it and I make no effort to avoid spoilers.

That’s right Tom, I will not be constrained by silly things like not watching trailers. Im gonna go all in spoilers. Bwhahahaha

Finally! Thought I was the only weirdo around here who didn’t give a damn about spoilers.

There’s spoilers and then there are spoilers. I don’t mind the first one much. For in theater stuff though 50% of the reason I go is to enjoy the experience with people. Spoilers won’t ruin that for me. I see some movies twice anyway with two different groups,.

Yes, and some movies the spoiler is an important moment, but I generally feel that if a movie is ruined by foreknowledge of a particular event, it wasn’t a very good movie to begin with.

To pick a random example from a film I watched with friends recently, Now You See Me. The structure is essentially this clever magical puzzle box, one where there is quite a few big reveals during the movie. However the movie is not ruined by knowing, in fact it was enhanced for me. Knowing what happens meant I paid attention to the details and how they do foreshadow and hide all the elements in plain sight. The mid movie turn where their benefactor gets turned into the target is brilliantly done, since they play out the how in front of you. And when you know what’s coming you appreciate the way they build to that with the whole plane scene. Something that feels like nothing more than a character development moment is actually plot critical, if you know to look for it.

Which is kinda the point for me. Is the big spoiler something earned, and built into the story? Then knowing ruins nothing for me. Is it some kind of dramatic reveal, but is really just an ass pull by the writers I’M LOOKNG AT YOU RONALD MOORE, then knowing can diminish, but that just means it isn’t very good.

Yeah movies like Murder on the Orient are more prone to spoiler issues except… the people who dragged me to that had read the books years ago and I think there was at least one other movie made on it. I was the only one in our group who didn’t really know who did it before we sat down and… again i would have enjoyed it at the same level I did either way.

Marvel made such a big deal about keeping it all secret, and I think that was kind towards those who really hate seeing spoilers, but that’s not the reason I see these kinds of movies.

Sigh. It’s ok to be surprised. Knowing everything you’re about to see makes it irrelevant to experience it first hand at all. C’mon, this is fake news, guys. Spoilers suck.

Not to me.

That’s fine. Just don’t be a dick and spoil things for others.

Oh, sure. That’s fine. I know some are more sensitive to spoilers than me, don’t worry.

Spoilers do suck. I was at a church social and a church lady ruined Harry Potter 6 for me and my kids by blurting out a key plot point (Dumbledore dies). I was so furious.

F’ you church lady!

Not long after, I stopped going to that church and then I just gave up on religion altogether. I didn’t really plan it that way, but me and the church were on seriously shaky ground anyway and that shit didn’t help.

Man, those guys who said Harry Potter would lead people away from God were onto something… :D

hahah, true enough!

But just to clarify, I still believe in God. I’m just done with church socials and that sort of thing. HBO is my new church. Pass the (holy) popcorn! :)

I’d give it a solid B+ for now(caveat of opinion changing based on “part 2”). Pretty impressive making that many characters work on screen. Only isuue was some of the humor didn’t quite click given the overal seriouness.

Best surprise appearence was definitely Peter Dinklage as giant Dwarf

I think most of us are aware not to post spoilers in the non-spoiler topics. I fully understand there are people out there who don’t even do the trailer thing if it reveals too much. I’ve told like minded people to avoid the Jurassic World trailer because it seems like it spoils… everything.

Nah. None of the JW trailers spoil the fact that Fallen Kingdom ties into the end of Independence Day Resurgence.

Thumbs down b/c it’s a two part movie (yes I had no idea) that ends on a negative note and the villain has the same tired trope that we’ve seen in so many movies.

I wish someone would have told me it was a 2-part movie in this thread and I would have skipped it, so that is the only spoiler you’ll get from me.

I had no idea it was a 2-parter either. Boo to that.

I wasn’t planning on seeing it until I got a free ticket to opening night. I’m surprised Thanos was so well developed as a villain.