Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Great news for the bladders. My friend just confirmed there’s no credit scenes at all. Truly the end of an era.

Good to know!

I have tickets to see with family on Sunday; frustrated I’ll have to wait, lol. Is the assumption this thread will now start to become more littered with spoilers than a simple trailer or will there be a separate spoiler thread?

I’m heading to the mountains for a cabin party for a buddy’s bday this weekend with a bunch of nerds, so I crammed myself into a shitty third-row seat in a crummy theater on Thursday night so I wouldn’t get spoiled. . . my fault for waiting till the last minute to buy a ticket, but was waiting for gf to confirm her purchase of Moogfest tix for this weekend so I knew I was “free” that night :)

Of course, the wisdom of staying up super late Thursday to watch the movie before running our cornerstone celebration event at work on Friday, then driving 4 hours to a secluded cabin might be, erm, questionable. . .

I like how it’s a crummy theater, and yet, they obviously still offer advance ticket purchasing and reserved seating, something that was reserved for the best theaters in the past.

To be fair it’s a completely average Regal joint, but it’s in this hyper-fucking obnoxious try-to-be-bougie shopping center in the north side of town that’s impossible to navigate or find parking in. This seems like reserved-seating of stadium-seats, which is mind-boggling to me.

Well - there’s no ‘new’ credit scenes. I guess there is one mid-credit ‘scene’ that’s a compilation (or something) of moments from the first 21 movies that’s about 5 minutes long. But that’s supposed to be the only one.

Not sure, but I expect to spoiler tag anything after I see it tomorrow, in this topic unless we do create a release the spoilers topic.

+1 like. I hope others follow suit. I don’t see it until Saturday morning, I might just avoid the topic starting tomorrow night.

Much appreciated, Nesrie!

We should definitely just create a spoiler topic for this film and keep all that out of this one.

Yeah, we won’t be able to see it until a week or so after it comes out, so a separate spoilerific thread is very welcome and thank you.

Separate one here.

I approve. Normally I don’t care about spoilers, but for this movie I would like to have who survives, how they bring them back, etc be a shock.

It’ll be hard, I’m sure.

At this point, I shouldn’t look at any headlines or social media because the movie is so darn big and so many jerks out there spoil on purpose.

Yeah. Like I’m all for not being constrained from having meaningful conversation due to spoiler sensitivity. Some people go overboard, and expect everyone to conform to them. There is reasonable caution on both sides, such as don’t go into threads about a movie where people are discussing the plot, and yell about ‘no spoilers’. Likewise don’t go into a group of people talking about their plans to go see the movie in a few days and start blabbing every big reveal.

Sadly such common courtesy is lacking from many. The trolls have decided that spoiling this movie for fun is the way to go

Watched it this evening. Good, thumbs up. A bit long, but it has a lot of ground to cover. Hits the highs, a lot of pay-off. I’ll leave it at that, might post my general/good/bad/surprising in the spoiler thread.

Yeah, if you like Marvel movies go see it, they’ve stuck the landing probably as well as it could’ve been done.

Endgame is bonerific. Even my wife who doesn’t bother with superheroes affairs thought this is a great movie. Anyone will have a great time with this movie.

Saw it, loved it, see you in the other thread.