Awesomely Bad Movies

The worst “genuinely tried to make an actual movie as opposed to just making schlock” SF is The Black Hole.

My favorite Disney movie!

I watched part of Wrath of the Titans last night. Not sure it is awesomely bad but I bailed after 40 minutes. I was curious as Smartless recently had Liam Neeson on and they talked about the movie for a few

Wrath of the Titans is bad, for sure. I have to agree that it’s not “awesomely bad.” It’s certainly not amusing to watch. Just boring.

I’m unreasonably excited that next week’s HDTGM is going to be The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure, possibly the most notorious film in Flophouse history. I’ve been wanting to watch this forever, but it’s basically impossible to find in the UK. HDTGM movies tend to get streamed on the Thursday before though, so I should finally be able to, um, enjoy it.

It’s on!

Seems like Baffleck’s latest, Hypnotic, might be one for this thread:

And right on cue, this is next week’s HDTGM.

Oh my god New York Ninja is amazing.

Yes! I was blown away by that one. To think it sat in storage for like decades!

I’m not familiar with it–how does it compare to Miami Connection?

It gives it a good run for its money. Considerably fewer random music scenes, considerably more bonkers gang violence.

Yeah agreed. The songs really add a lot to Miami Connection. Also, in a kind of meta-sense, NYN a little more “in on the joke” than Miami Connection with the added dubbing and audio afterwards(if I remember correctly, the copy they found had no audio). I’d say not quite as amazing as Miami Connection, but still essential.

Even the original must have been in on the joke, the gang costumes are ridiculous, not to mention the insane bad guy. But it doesn’t feel as forced as, say, Velocipastor.

Oooh! It’s streaming on Paramount+. I’ll definitely watch it soon.

I mean, look at these dudes:

Or these ones:

It’s weirder than that. It’s was just the raw footage. No audio, no script, no idea what the movie was even about. So they assembled it without even a storyboard and dubbed in the dialogue without a script.

That would certainly explain the almost total absence of plot.

Is this anything like Hard Ticket to Hawaii?

More like Miami Connection. It doesn’t have the sleaziness of Hard Ticket, although it sometimes seems like it’s going to.