Bananas and Nuts 2.0

I should say I was more curious than eager.

Ah. I haven’t checked the site since my most recent banning (9 months). I hate not being able to subscribe/tell what threads I’ve already clicked and doing so without an account is difficult as shit, especially over multiple devices.

I wonder what that temp ban was for then…

Great. Also, PS2 or XBOX?

"

I’m platform agnostic, but if pushed my loyalties generally lie with the Amiga.

Tapirs I can definitely get behind. If you’ll pardon the expression.

Amiga? Dude, let it go. ;)

Aw, my temp ban in 2009 isn’t on that graph.

Hey man, welcome back.

I think it was for an argument you were having with WarrenM in July 2010.

Temp bans in recent years rarely stay on the chart for more than a version or two before being removed, and if it’s a really short ban (let’s say a weekend when I wasn’t reading the forums) it might not be on the chart at all.

Woooooo!

By which I mean, hooray, Albert’s back!

Oh jesus you’re 100% correct. Egg on my face.

Sorry Warren.

What does being banned actually do anyways? I would have assumed you just lose posting/PMing abilities. Losing the ability to track read/unread threads, view “New Posts” and subscribe to threads via email and stuff too would be pretty shitty.

Would depend if Tom did an IP ban or just an forum account ban.

It keeps you from being able to login. Browse the forums while logged out and observe what you’re capable of doing on the board, that’s what it does. Read-thread/posts are impossible to track, as stuff keeps showing up as unread no matter how many times you read it etc. It makes long threads like the the Bargain thread difficult to navigate/track.

You can’t even read the forum with a banned account, much less all of that. You have to manually clear your cookies to even log out.

You lose the ability to do all of that stuff. When banned, the only way to read the forum is to be logged out.

Huzzah!

This thread need much more Theodore Rex.

I loved the Sinistar style of his first post upon revival.

I LIVE.

So let me get this straight… after a brief internet temper tantrum, Tom has banned himself from his own forum? That is possibly the most drama-queeny thing I’ve come across in a long time. Look at me! Look at me! Look what I’m doing now! Jesus how embarrassing.

I vote Repoman as new landlord.