Bargain Thread 2013

Correct. This seems to come up every time a third party uses Steam for authorization.

I would have assumed it was a scam as well. You never know these days. We weren’t even sure if GMG was legit during its early days.

It’s just for a bunch of indie games I already have :(

Sweet Borderlands 2 deals on GMG.

Arma 2 complete Collection with 80% off (6€ in total) Steam Version.

Includes

Arma 2
Operation Arrowhead
British Armed Forces
Private Military Company
Army of the Czech Republic

I’m tempted to buy it because install everything is a pain in the ass (I have some in dvd, other stuff in digital stores, then update everything by hand)

New “bundle stars” bundle. http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/outer-limits-bundle/

Currently at £2.98 for a bunch for a bunch of Steam games I’ve literally never heard of. (except possibly puzzle kingdoms, assuming it’s puzzle quest?). I don’t usually like racing games, but Insane looks fun. “Warfare” looks terrible, but claims to be £15 on Steam.

I’m not sure if it’s worth £3.

edit: Whoa. There’s another bundle for £3 with Rune (great game – loved it at release time, and I think I played a Linux version aswell?), the ever-loved Mount and Blade, but more importantly: A GAME ABOUT BEING A BADGER.

I’ve been waiting a long time for a sequel to Wolf and Lion. Could this be it?! I’ll find out! I spent more on the pub quiz yesterday.

By posting these bundles, I can’t help but feel like I’m somehow contributing to an 80s style games crash. I imagine I’d feel worse if I paid £3 for that first bundle, though.

Jeez, does that game have enough DLC, you think? I can’t keep it all straight.

I’m sorry that Huge Seal is a real thing to whom I would never provide my Steam info for coupons?

I didn’t say I thought they were a front for al-Qaeda or connected to Central American drug gangs. “Log in with Steam” when you aren’t Valve is a sure browser-closer for me, though.

Steam today: Stronghold 3 Gold $7.49 -75%. QT3 thread
Steam midweek 1: Rise of Venice $26.79 -33%. Never heard of this.
Steam midweek 2: Worm franchise.
Worms clan wars $12.49 -50%.
Worms everything else $22.49 75%. Also available individually.

You aren’t providing them with your credentials, you are providing them with an API token they use to retrieve specific, valve sanctioned data. Notice when you click Login it takes you to Valve’s site, where you login, then it passes back the token to the original site.

Now that token may enable them to all kinds of untrustworthy things, I don’t know, but it is something Valve controls.

It uses OpenID. The huge seal site doesn’t actually ever get your credentials. If you notice when you click through from the huge deal site you wind up entering your password on steamcommunity.com. It’s similar to logging into a site via facebook or gmail or twitter. There is still some cause to be concerned about security with third-party login mechanism, but it’s not like Huge Seal can steal your credit card or whatnot.

It’s a sequel of sorts to Puzzle Quest.

Thanks for the notice on the sale!
GMG is a great place to buy DLC using your ‘Trade-in’ Credit :D

Your Order

Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2
PC Download | This is a Steam game more info
Key: STEAM KEY WAS HERE!
Credit used
− $1.14
Total paid $0.85

You can also use GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7 for -20% on the Borderlands 2 DLC.

Bargains!

Everything Dead Island(including Riptide) on Amazon or $12.50

Trials Evolution Gold for $10 on GamersGate.

Dead Island, that is. Those generic names do all tend to blur together after a while, to be fair.

Not a pure bargain per se, but there’s quite a few people selling NVidia voucher codes on eBay. There’s 2 current ones available. One for Batman Arkham Origins, and one for Asssassin’s Creed 4 & Splinter Cell Blacklist. I was able to score both vouchers (3 games) for $50. Batman redeems on Steam, the other 2 redeem on UPlay.

Whoops! Fixed.

Audiosurf is 1$ today on HumbleBundle’s store.

There isn’t much to the game, but it’s great for winding down after a stressful day. I think I’ve gotten ~150 hours of fun out of it.

Skillgirls is $10 at the Humble Store today, too. I’ll go pick it up later today.

Steam today: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack $9.99 -50%. Includes game and 3 DLC. Base game is $7.49 -50%, but the DLCs are not on sale.