Bargain Thread 2014

The current Humble Indie Bundle added The Novelist, Eldritch, and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack to the BTA. I haven’t played the other two, but I quite enjoyed MBA on Vita.

Hacking, slashing, slicing, dicing… that’s pretty much what a Shadow Warrior game is. It’s old school, but a lot of fun if you’re in the mood for that.

There are hidden easter eggs, like naked anime girls bathing behind waterfalls and such (a throwback to the original game), if you want to call that “exploration”. :)

Definitely no exploration or adventure. It’s an old-school arena shooter.

Not really. OTOH, you may want to pick up a cheap copy of Oblivion just to check out some of the cooler mods, like Nehrim.

Roguelike Tales of Maj’Eyal is currently $3.49 over on GOG.

Deal lasts until Friday, November 7, at 2:59PM GMT.

You can also pick up The Ashes of Urh’Rok expansion on GOG for $3.99 (not currently discounted).

-Todd

Steam today: Worms Collection Feb 2014 - $17.99 - (80% off).
[indent]There is probably no need to buy them all. Each game/DLC is 80% off also.[/indent]

Worms Armageddon is finally at a price where I’ll rebuy it (especially since I missed its Humble sale a few months back when it was reasonably priced). That’s the only Worms game I need.

Agreed, so many years later it’s still the pinnacle.

I can never play that game with anything BUT the Scottish voices. Dunno why, but it just kills me. Also: Holy Hand Grenade!

Oh god yes, the Scottish Connery voices. So amazing.

Sounds like a good topic for a new thread: Funniest Voices in a Video Game. I literally would laugh out load every time I heard the vampire character in HOMM 2 give his attack sound, “Bleh!”. I wish I could get that as a ringtone.

Go, do it!

I actually had a hard time playing HoMM3 for a while because the vampire attack sound was changed to some generic thing. The “Bleh!” was the best thing ever.

FYI, the Steam version of Worms Armageddon is missing “Angry Scots” from it’s soundbanks!! Thankfully with the help of this thread:

You can put these and other missing soundbanks back in! Yay!

Yer all Deuoooomede…

X:Rebirth is $4 @ BestBuy, I figure that’s low enough to see how bad they messed it up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/x-rebirth-windows/2887387.p?acampID=0&loc=0&id=1219080831985&skuld=2887387&ref=8575135

Still too much.

:D

It just can’t be that bad, it CANT BEEEEEE.