Bargain Thread 2014

$40 for me. :(

As mentioned in the GOG thread, there’s a Valentine’s Day sale going on over there with various multiplayer games heavily discounted, along with a weekend D&D promo and free Dungeon Keeper (no direct link, but it’s on the main page).

Steam weekend #2: The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition $3.99 (80% off). Free to play this weekend.
The Witcher 1 is $1.99, which is also 80% off.

Dungeon Keeper (the first) for free on GoG right now. Timer says for the next couple of days.

edit: oops, scooped by WarpRattler.

The dipshits at GMG won’t let you copy and paste their codes as one bit, you need to copy in three sections putting in the dashes manually. It’s fing stupid.

I think the issue is an encoding of those dashes when you cut & paste from their webpage. Non the standard ‘-’ character.

Sometimes the Apply button doesn’t enable after pasting. Just remember the last character, backspace once, and type the last character. The Apply button should then enable.

Sacred Gold is $1.99 in the Valentines sale, and Nox is $1.49. Both excellent older RPGs that will keep you busy for hours on end. Hell of a bargain for $3.50 total.

Amazon has my GOTY 2013, Dead Space 3, on sale for $5. Plus a bunch of other stuff.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $15 on Gamestop.

I can’t get Nox to work on my Win7 laptop. It starts but the whole screen is scrambled :(

Also, System Shock 2 for $1.49.

Heh, GoG have learned from the Fallout download issues - Dungeon Keeper is “you’ve claimed it, we’ll email you when you can download it”.

IndieGameStand have a good number of games on sale
https://indiegamestand.com/store/browse.php?tab=on_sale

Steam Valentine’s Day sale, featuring a bunch of games a bunch of people think aren’t games. I gladly grabbed $5 Hate Plus; I played Analogue: A Hate Story (currently $2) earlier this month and loved it.

What was the final verdict on Seven Grand Steps? I remember being intrigued by it a few months ago.

Check out this thread on GOG.
Also take a look at this Youtube vid for some helpful tips and how to get it to run widescreen. Look in the description, not the actual video.

I found it interesting for several hours, then it was the same thing, over and over. There is some story telling in it with events. I couldn’t picture it keeping someone’s interest beyond some initial period of time.

Don’t see why Gone Home is on the list. It’s about an evil haunted house!

Sweet. Just picked up Redshirts, which I’d been planning to buy all along.

Crysis 3 for $4.99 over at Amazon right now.

Edit: I guess the Amazon sale was already mentioned on the previous page. But still. Crysis for $5. Not too shabby.