Bargain Thread 2014

Tempting! Doesn’t come with the GamePad Cradle, GamePad Stand, and Console Stand, but otherwise it’s equivalent to the retail Nintendoland package.

The main thing that’s keeping me away from that is that I can’t think of any games that interest me beyond Pikmin 3. My Nintendo experience has been marginal in the past, my Gamecube got the least use of the PS2 generation machines, and barely used my DS. However, if I hadn’t purchased those I wouldn’t have experience Pikmin, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Advance Wars, or Dragon Quest Monsters, all of which were big deals for me. So worth it, but just barely. The problem is I’m not seeing that in the Wii / Wii U game lists. I don’t care for the Mario or Legend of Zelda games, which I gather is the major draw.

Ordered. $200 is definitely in my range for a console. I noticed when I was picking up South Park that The Wonderful 101 is on clearance at Best Buy for $27, so yay.

EDIT: looks like it’s dropped to $30 everywhere. Still, yay.

Canada only:

Singularity (PC) is 50 cents at EBGames. Sold online and some stores still have it.

So this is a lot of helicopters for two fiddy.

I would caution anyone looking to get this to realize that it is a Bohemia game built on the Arma engine. While it is really detailed, it’s incredibly buggy and the flight model is prone to some oddities. The campaign missions range from good to aggravating in mechanics, but the story is all bad.

Bucketload of weeklong deals.

Took me a little bit to realize that this was physical product only.

But which ones are actually worth it?

The Crysises
The Dead Spaces
Teleglitch
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Race The Sun

Starpoint Gemini II is totally worth it.

Steam yesterday: Age of Empire II HD $4.99 (75% off). DLC also $4.99 (75% off).
Steam today: Grim Dawn, the early-access Titan Quest clone from the Titan Quest guys. QT3 thread $20.09 (33% off).

The weeklong link is above. I noted the following (not necessarily good):
Race The Sun QT3 thread. QT3 article(s) $4.99 (50% off).
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos $0.99 (80% off).
Super Sanctum TD $0.39 (90% off). Has trading cards, which might pay for the game itself…
Teleglitch: Die More Edition $6.49 (50% off).
And some series like Crysis, Dead Space, Painkiller, Earthworm Jim, Starpoint Gemini.

Gamersgate is selling the Indiefort Spring Bundle, for a minimum of €4 (or possibly less, if you’re outside Europe), containing the following games:

A New Beginning
Creeper World 3
Paper Sorcerer (unlocks on Steam)
Roaming Fortress

I’ve heard some good things about Paper Sorcerer and Creeper World, and I think the bundle might be worth it just for those. I don’t know about the other 2 games, but I’m pretty sure A New Beginning has already been in a few bundles.

Paper sorcerer looks interesting.

I liked the first 30 minutes. Reminded me of Wizardry 4 with a weird artstyle. Games like this aren’t released often anymore. Thankfully it features an easy mode, and also 1980 difficulty for people who miss hardcore party blob RPGs. :)

Had a good first impression of Master Reboot (from the Bundlestars bundle) too. Amazing art direction. It’s quite creepy so far.

Splintercell Blacklist going for 5 Pounds (6€). Reckon its not a bad price, though it activates on uplay…

That’s also a grey market key site. Buyer beware.

Ah, thanks for the info… Site didn’t seem too dodgy, I got the key and it activated fine, though yeah, its a scanned key from a cover.

Steam today: Denomicon - The Dark Eye $13.59 (66% off).
Steam midweek #1: Call of Duty MW3 and BLOPS2 sale 50% off.
Steam midweek #2: The Banner Saga $16.74 (33% off)!
[indent]Buy this, and support their fight against the single-word-trademark-overlord! On the other hand, the negative reviews on Steam are entertaining to read.[/indent]

God, the BLOPS 2 map packs (even on sale) are $29.96. Amazing.