Bargain Thread 2014

Thanks. Just bought the base game and Tiny Tina.

Tony added some more games to the Amazon list:

Bioshock is back on the schedule (not for $10 though), and good prices for Brothers and How to Survive.

Still a pretty light line-up. I have four of the $5 off coupons…I guess Crysis 3 and Brothers is it.

Good price for Marlow Briggs too. It ain’t for everyone, but the trailer & description sold me on the game.

How To Survive and Marlow Briggs for $2.49 each (after credit), yes please. I have 5 credits, so I’ll grab each of those, and maybe a second How To Survive for my son, then save the final 2 credits in the hopes that Dishonored GOTY or Rome 2 Total War make the list at some point later in the month. Also would love to see Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim clock in at $13.50 like it has in the past, as that would put it under $10 with the credit.

That CAG list seems to be saying Bioshock Infinite will be $13.49 tomorrow, which would make it $8.49 after credit. That’s a deal.

Ace patrol is supposed to be good too

Wow. How come I’ve never heard of this game before?

I noticed How To Survive is by the same company (505 Games). Is there a trailer for that too?

How to Survive was one of those games for me where I enjoyed the first several hours, then got bored quickly. Lots of fighting the same creatures, backtracking, etc. I found the voice acting / story pretty bad, but I can see how some people might think its funny.

Unless that list expands greatly to include Saint’s Row IV for 20 bucks (thus making it 15 after the credit) and maybe Anno 2070, about the only thing I can see myself buying is the much-vaunted Brothers.

Kentucky Route Zero for 50% off on steam for 38 more minutes! Gogogo!

That’s, uh, 38 hours…:) Good heads up though! Think that’s my buy price on this.

Whoops, sorry. I had been waiting and waiting for this deal and I guess I got excited.

Doh! I bought Dead Space 3 in Amazon and forgot that I already have the game. Grrr. Anyone wants to save my booboo by getting it for 5 bucks from me?

Hm, guess I’ll wait for How to Survive to be in a bundle or something. Marlow Briggs looks like fun, however.

If you brush up on your Portuguese, you can get both Bioshock Infinite + Castlevania: Lords of the Shadow Ultimate Edition for a little under $13 USD from Nuuvem. Actually, ordering is actually pretty painless; just look at the info in the links below. Google Translate is your friend.

Nuuvem link:

Reddit post:
http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1ubuya/nuuvem_choose_2_including_castlevania_lords_of/
Info on how to order from Nuuvem:
http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/2t6Uz/

Patience is a virtue, as today Amazon has Bioshock Infinite for $13.20 before credit, making it $8.20 after $5 credit. Sure it’s not $4.99, but that price was never real to begin with. $9.99 was the lowest I saw it go during the holiday sales, and this is even lower, so a small victory for the Editor’s Choice credit holders I suppose.

Anyway, hurry, even though the CAG post says it is supposed to be this price through 1/31, who knows what Amazon will really do…

Also on sale, the Ace Patrol Bundle (contains base game and Pacific Skies) for $5.99, making it $0.99 after credit.

What is Ace Patrol? From the screenshot it looks like some kind of turn based strategy game featuring World War 1 planes or something?

Bingo. World War 1 planes with creepily smiling cartoon pilots, to be exact.

Also the first Sid Meier game that I can recall coming out in years. (I mean, yeah, his name has been attached to recent Civ games but other people have been leading the charge on those.)

I know right?? I’ve played through the first half hour and loved it… very ridiculous with explosions everywhere.

New year bundle:

$1+
Agricultural Simulator 2011
Alien with a Magnet
Dark Scavenger
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon
Uprising 44

$3+
Block Story
inMomentum
Roboblitz
Rune Classic
Sacraboar

Almost made the same mistake. I got Dead Space 3 from a Humble Bumble deal a while back and totally forgot about it.