Bargain Thread 2014

Nice. Darksiders 2 and all the various DLC and an extra PC copy of Alan Wake games. If anyone wants any of the other stuff PM me:

Supreme Commander and expansion
Titan quest gold
Darksiders

I already have those.

And it’s already unavailable. :(

The reddit thread has a note from Tony where he says there’s a problem with it they are working on. It may come back.

Drox Operative is $5 on GamersGate:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DROXO/drox-operative

I’m still waiting for it to get onto Steam someday. Vote for it on Greenlight!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122180124

Yeah, the problem was probably that it was something you could buy using the credit that had a decent sale price.

We can take a break from buying things on Steam today.

Steam today: Puzzle Quest: Galactrix $0.99 (90% off).
[indent]This is not nearly as good as Puzzle Quest. Match-3 with a hex grid makes your brain hurt.[/indent]

Steam Week-long notables:
Pool Nation $2.99 (70% off)
Jane’s Advanced Strike Fighters $2.00 (80% off)
Full Mojo Rampage $9.99 (50% off)
[indent]Keywords: Rogue-like, early access, voodoo.[/indent]

Steam Week-long riffraffs:
Survivor Squad $4.49 (50% off)
Deep Black: Reloaded $7.49 (75% off)
[indent]I love the first sentence of the game description: The Deep Black : Reloaded is a video game in the “Action” genre (third person shooter).[/indent]
Arena Wars 2 $0.99 (90% off)
Razor2: Hidden Skies $2.49 (75% off)
Zombie Pirates $3.74 (75% off)
Bad Rats: the Rats’ Revenge $0.49 (90% off)
Turba $1.50 (70% off)
Naval Warfare $0.99 (80% off)

I liked Puzzle Quest, and I’d be inclined to like a space-themed version of it, but I can confirm that Galactrix is dull as dirt and even grindier that Puzzle Quest 2 was. Strong recommendation against it, unless they are paying you money to play it. (Even then they’d have to be paying you a lot.)

Puzzle Quest would be a good franchise if the AI wasn’t so incredibly dumb. It seems like that would be the type of game where a decent AI could be made, but they didn’t.

Pool Nation is an absolute bargain, superb pool game, free snooker add on due start of feb along. With a trick shot pack.

Brothers is back in stock at Amazon, incidentally.

Gamersgate has some specials for the next couple of days, including Orcs Must Die 2 for $3.74. I bought a two-pack for some friends for $6.25.

Are you sure it’s going to be free? Says ‘Box of Tricks’ DLC will be free but no mention of snooker DLC.

Jane’s Advanced Strike Fighters is closer to Ace Combat than an actual sim.

Amazon has The Secret World back down to $12 and a combo pack of The Saboteur and Syndicate for $10 (Origin codes). Both are Editors Choice things.

Ignore that crappy one and get the original for $0.99 instead!

Yay, pool nation for $3! This is the sale we voted out at xmas.

Bill Harris over at Dubious Quality gave a very good rating and review to this game. I have since had it in my wish list and for $1, I am willing to give it a try. If you have been reading Dubious Quality, you will know Bill’s taste and hey, give PQ Galactrix a try.

Oh, Galactrix certainly is a vile game. There are some mods for jumpgate hacking, and these help a bit.

http://www.freewebs.com/pqmods/galactrixmods.htm (the mod called Gate Unhack Fix looks as if it was taken down)

Looks like there’s some additional stuff on the Amazon Editor’s Choice sale. All these prices are BEFORE the $5 coupon you may have.

Syndicate/The Sabtoeur Bundle (Origin) - $9.99
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Origin) - $9.49
Alice: Madness Returns Complete (Origin) - $9.99
The Secret World - $11.99

New bundlestars bundle.
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-brutal-bundle/
[ul]
[li]Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition [/li][li]Port Royale 3 [/li][li]Stealth Bastard Deluxe[INDENT]Fun![/INDENT][/li]
[li]Dungeonbowl [/li][li]Steel Storm Complete Edition [/li][li]King’s Bounty: Legions: True Tactician Ultimate Pack[INDENT]F2P game. $35 DLC in the Steam store.[/INDENT][/li]
[li]Iron Sky: Invasion[INDENT]Movie licensed. I liked the movie, hopefully the game isn’t terrible.[/INDENT][/li]
[li]Day One: Garry’s Incident[INDENT]Seems hilariously bad.[/INDENT][/li]
[li]Earth 2150 Trilogy [/li][li]Naval Warfare [/li][/ul]
5$ USD. Can get a couple dollars back selling trading cards.

Steam today: Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection $7.49 (63% off).
[indent]4 games plus an expansion. Best light saber games of their time (or forever?).[/indent]
Steam midweek #1: Hotline Miami $2.49 (75% off).
[indent]Only half your friends own this game? Gift the rest![/indent]
Steam midweek #2: Darksiders Franchise pack $14.99 (75% off). Entire franchise 75% off individually, incl. DLCs.
Hidden: The Book of Unwritten Tales Collection $9.99 (75% off). This sale lasts until Jan 20.