Bargain Thread 2014

Newly discounted on Amazon’s Editor’s Choice deals:
Europa Universalis 4 for $19.99 (Digital Extreme edition for $22.49)

Yeah the snooker is not a dlc just an update which will go live with the box tricks dlc, on teh steam forums the programmers said it is so, hooray as a brit snooker floats my boat more than pool.

Have they been patched to work well under modern Windows systems? Last time I tried Mysteries of the Sith, the in-engine cutscenes ran so fast they were incomprensible. And I believe that was one upgrade ago.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooo! /Vader

New IndieGala is out. It includes Tales of Maj’Eyal for BTA. $3.99 for the first four hours.

As long as it gets a Happy Hour, you can usually get IndieGala bundles for under $3 via group buy on CAG.

edit: Also, new games were added today to Humble Bundle X for BTA:
Hoard
Strike Suit Zero
Toki Tori 2+

I’m not so sure, the Pool Nation page itself says:

Snooker Nation DLC coming soon…

Again, a direct request from you the the gamer, Snooker is coming soon to Pool Nation, aptly named ‘Snooker Nation’ (see what we did there??? ;) this new and exciting edition will be ready in 2014

Well if they have changed it it’s not something I have read, all they said was Snooker would be a free download along with the dlc.

Reading the forums as you say it looks like Snooker nation but when the game was released they were definitely saying it would be a free add on, looks like that may have changed

New indieroyale bundle:
http://www.indieroyale.com

[ul][]Gun Monkeys (fun! no singleplayer)[]Hexcells[]Megabyte Punch[]Pixeljunk Shooter[]Ride em Low[]Stronghold HD (not the D&D game)[/ul]

Hexcells is outstanding if you like abstract puzzles. I immediately bought the sequel after finishing it. At a glance, it may look like Minesweeper, but it’s significantly harder and you never have to guess. Every puzzle can be solved by logic, although it may not be obvious what the next step is.

Oh hey, that’s the one that Rock Paper Shotgun was gushing about not too long ago. Maybe I’ll pick this one up after all.

Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition I & II are 75% off on GamersGate now. Looks like both are Steamworks. Are these EE versions reasonable makeovers?

BGEE: $4.99
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BGEE/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition
BG2EE: $6.25
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BG2EE/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition

Not bad prices. Especially since BG2EE is a fairly recent release. The GOG version has more available mods but I’ve managed to find some mods updated to the EE editions, so it really depends on your purpose. If you want a good vanilla experience, the EEs are pretty good, but if you want a more expansive game, the GOG version has more mods.

If interested BG2EE just hit the iOS App store as well. In case you’d like to take it for a spin on the tablet.

are either/both of the BGEEs Steam-able?

They’re both Steamworks.

Wow, I might just bite on BG2 then. I got BG1 enhanced when it was on sale a couple of months ago and it’s been a steady go-to game ever since. The new content is very well done but no too overwhelming, so I can keep myself focused on the main storyline without too many distractions. Going with an evil party has also been a blast so far. It will BE even BLOODIER than I HOPED!

[/li]
I can recommend it for Pixeljunk Shooter!

Steam today: The Darkness II $7.45 (75% off)
[indent]Wot Tom thinks. No QT3 thread? Not as good a price as it was on Amazon at 2012 XMas.[/indent]
Steam Weekend #1: Saints Row IV $19.99 (50% off). All but 3 DLCs also 50% off. The rest of the franchise is 75% off. Free weekend!
Steam Weekend #2: Company of Heroes 2 $13.59 (66% off). Whole franchise and DLCs also 66% off. Free weekend!

FYI, only Enter the Dominatrix and How The Saints Saved Christmas are the mission-based DLCs included in the Season Pass (both have their charms, but I thought Dominatrix was more entertaining). Everything else, IIRC, is just skins/vehicle/weapon packs.

Is NFS Most wanted worth it if I don’t have friends doing the autolog thing?