Bargain Thread 2014

Cool. In that context, as I said, it’s a steal. PM me if you get lost/confused amid the spreadsheets. Having played since v9, I know it quite well.

It’s a little embarrassing how tempted I am by Fallout shirts.

[/li]
Cook, Serve, Delicious is well worth $1. It’s worth about $10.

Seconded. A great little game. My only caveat is I prefer the control scheme on the tablet version.

The Steam video looks pretty nice, but I’m a bit put off that it’s not done, and that the first game (Star Point Gemini) has a Metacritic score of a whopping 46/100. That’s “this game molests babies” territory.

The first game was great, I thought, but this one is way, way better. There’s plenty to do even now.

How can I resist buying a game that has Brian singing its virtues in a universe filled with other shiny bright stars. Obviously this star is brighter. Thanks for the recommendation Mr. Rubin.

How close is it to being finished?

Due for proper 1.0 release in September.

Then that would mean the game is essentially finished, just bug fixes and polish remain. I may pick it up then.

Wait; what?

edit: missed this one completely. Bought.

Very well, Kassandra Withakay.

That’s what it should mean, yes…

There is still a fair bit of missing content, namely the campaign/story which isn’t in yet. Also if space exploration is your thing this game probably won’t scratch that itch as it all takes place pretty much in a single solar system and is quite small (something like 15 minutes to fly from one end to the other?). It feels like the old zoned skybox scenario rather than flying around an actual star system.

Still, it looks to be a great game and I’m keen on playing it more once they balance it and start me off in a ship that is not overpowered.

Yay!56

Steam today (Monday): Syberia II - $0.99 - (90% off).
[indent]Part of the Meridian Adventure Bundle, on sale $2.99 (90% off). Includes Syberia 1/2 and 3 others.[/indent]
Yesterday: Kerbal Space Program - $16.19 - (40% off). Early access.
[indent]If your kid is remotely interested, he/she would have bugged you to buy it for him/her already.[/indent]

A small selection of this week’s weeklongs
[ul]
[li]Sacrifice - $4.99 - (50% off).[/li][li]Toki Tori - $0.99 - (80% off).[/li][li]Rush - $0.49 - (90% off).[/li][li]100% Orange Juice - $3.49 - (50% off).[/li][li]Avadon 2: The Corruption - $4.99 - (50% off).[/li][li]Supreme Commander - $3.74 - (75% off).[/li][li]Waves - $1.99 - (60% off).[/li][li]Warhammer: Kill Team - $4.99 - (50% off).[/li][/ul]

You can have a lot to explore in a single solar system. There isn’t much difference between a rich galaxy to explore with very mundane solar systems or a single solar system rich with interesting places to explore. I think a good story with a lot more to do then blow people up for the sake of a few credits and xp could be fun. However if this game ends up being super-combat centric, then Ill get bored very quickly unless the story is really compelling.

So I saw My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant on steam. I guess times are changing. The question is, is it any good? I can’t find a real review for it.

My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant is a traditional point-and-click adventure but stands out for its gay cast and eye-catching visuals.
On the surface, the storyline is standard science fiction fare: you play as retired space captain Tycho Minogue…

Tycho Minogue? I’m straight as an arrow and I would love to play a game where I’m someone named Tycho Minogue!

Here’s a weird one: Amazon has codes to the Planetary Annihilation Early Access on sale for $29.99. Unlocks on Steam. Well, maybe not so weird since they’re selling boxed copies already, too.

Let me know if it is any good. I have not played a point and click adventure for years. I do not have fond memories of them. Click on everything and when that doesn’t work, start using the objects you have on everything. I think the last time I played one, you had to use duct tape on a cat to get its hair to make a fake moustache or something. I think I put the genera down after that.