Bargain Thread 2015

Hell has the best trailer narration ever.

I AM ENDOWED WITH THE HOLY AWESOMENESS OF THE ORDER OF LIGHT!

Sold.

-Todd

Not sure if i’ll bite, but King’s Bounty Dark Side is $4.

It is more of the same. If thats all you want from KB, they buy it, otherwise stay away from it.

And you probably don’t.

I am trying to be better this year and only buy things I see myself playing within a month. Since I have an unplayed King’s Bounty with the Vikings, I’ll probably pass on this - even though I’d rather play this one instead of the Viking one.

Honestly, I’d skip the Vikings one - it was a step backwards in the series in gameplay. Darkside gets back to the KB goodness (well, evilness in this case), but no need to buy it if you’re not in the mood because it’s frequently on sale on Steam.

They each have their good and bad points. DS was probably harder than Vikings, but it is still a KB game at the core with only a few changes. I liked both and played them to finish.

Steam today: Scribblenauts Unlimited - $4.99 - 75% off.
[indent]“Cthulhu” solves everything.[/indent]

Steam special: SteamOS sale.
[indent]Isn’t this just saying that these games run in Linux? Why the promotion? [EDIT: GDC!] Anyways, there is a (not wide) selection of popular games on sale. Here’s a few:
[ul]
[li]DG2: Defense Grid 2 - $7.49 - 70% off.[/li][li]Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - $29.99 - 50% off.[/li][li]Wasteland 2 - $19.99 - 50% off.[/li][li]Wargame: Red Dragon - $9.99 - 75% off.[/li][li]Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - $9.99 - 33% off.[/li][li]Transistor - $6.79 - 66% off.[/li][li]The Talos Principle - $26.79 - 33% off.[/li][/ul]
[/indent]

Just finished Talos Principle this week. Amazing game and well worth that price.

Also on sale on Steam today:

Payday 2: $5.99 (80% off)
Payday 2: GOTY edition $19.99 (75% off) - all except the most recent DLC
Payday 2 DLC - Varying discounts, with most recent being full price

A little nontraditional for this board maybe, but DriveThruRPG is having their annual GM Day sale (which, curiously, lasts a week). 30+% off all manner of RPG sourcebooks, splatbooks, expansion content, card decks, etc. http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/rpg_gmsday.php?&filters=0_0_0_0_0_31817

Lots of good VIP deals at GreenManGaming. Need to sign in for these.

Pillars of Eternity: $33.74
Cities Skylines: $21.89
EU IV El Dorado $11

and more

GMG voucher B1CYB0-CLSSD1-ARAAGM good through tomorrow gets the price of SId’s Starships down to $12.

Would you people stop it with the bargains and vouchers! I have already purchased EU IV and a couple expansions, and now Cities: Skylines this month. And with Pillows of Eternity coming out at the end of the month, I won’t have time to even play any other games!

“Pillows of Eternity”? Is that the Cinemax After Dark version of the game?

I think the Japanese Collector’s Edition of Pillars of Eternity comes with the Pillows of Eternity. They’re full body-length pillow cases with naughty anime-style graphics of select characters from the game on them.

Pillows of Eternity would be an automatic Day One purchase for me.

Will cities Skyline from GMG activate on steam?

Yes.

Third party DRM: Steam
This game requires a free Steam account to play.

-Todd