Bargain Thread 2015

Yes. It’s a Steam code.

Bundle Stars has an interesting and eclectic bundle: Killer Bundle 2 with many titles where individual prices have not been historically as low as this bundle price of $4.99

Highlights include:

[ul]
[li]Enemy Front (Good old fashioned Dubya Dubya Two)
[/li][li]Space Rangers HD (IDK go ask Brian Rubin)
[/li][li]Hegemony Rome (Niche RTS with a focus on logistics; 3MA Podcast here)
[/li][li]10 Years After (Early Access open world survival horror that looks a little like Killing Floor)
[/li][li]Reprisal Universe (Interesting looking minimalist God game)
[/li][li]and others…
[/li][/ul]

screencap

-Todd

[/li]How dare you dump this on me. Be a man and state your own opinion. ;)

Then where do all my “Space Game” taxes go?

-Todd

Weird bundle. 10 Years After isn’t very good according to Jim Sterling. I’ve played Enemy Front and I can say it isn’t very good either. I’m not sure what exactly is wrong with it but the shooting just feels bad. It’s made by the same people that made the Sniper: Ghost Warrior games. Those weren’t very good either.

On the other hand Hegemony and Space Rangers are each worth the price of admission by themselves and Reprisal Universe looks interesting.

Yes, I would recommend Hegemony Rome for $4.99 all by itself, and throwing in Space Rangers HD : War Apart makes it’s twice as nice a deal. The two Blitzkrieg anthologies are old (2003 & 2005 respectively), but they get very positive reviews on Steam even now. They look like a much simpler version of Company of Heroes. Certainly an eclectic group of games to bundle together, but definitely $5 worth of entertainment can be found within.

Reprisal Universe will at least let you scrub Godus out of your mind and remember the joys of the original Populous. I’d recommend it.

Right now, EA’s free “on-the-house” game is the original Syndicate.

Steam today: Space Run - $3.74 - 75% off.

Steam weekend: That SteamOS sale IS the weekend sale.

Steam hidden #1: Sokobond - $4.99 - 50% off.
[indent]To celebrate release of their new game A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build. I liked Sokobond but I never finished it.[/indent]

Steam hidden #2: Shadow Warrior (2013) - $7.99 - 80% off.

Steam hidden #3: OlliOlli - $3.24 - 75% off.

Perfect time for a Classic Game Club selection.

Sid Meier’s Starships in on GMG’s VIP list for $11.39!

It’s odd that the SteamOS sale page includes games that aren’t at all marked down. Still, it did have a few that are relevant to my interests.

For $7.50, it looks like I’m finally going to pick up Defense Grid 2.

Is Tropico 5 worth it for $14 for someone who already played out Tropico 4?

Is Planetary Annihilation worth $10?

I liked it, but it’s not a must-have. If you’re suddenly in the mood, go for it, but otherwise I’d wait.

Is Planetary Annihilation worth $10?
I’d argue not. It’s not that the game is a mess or anything, but it just doesn’t shine and I have more compelling games to spend my time with.

Between bundles and vouchers I think I bought like 15 games today. D:

If only clicking that “buy” button also magically rented us an extradimensional place outside of normal time in which we could play all of what we buy… :-|

As for the SteamOS sale, it includes such “sale price” games as Dying Light at $59.99. I guess “sale price” is technically correct though, since the game is for sale at that price. :-)

I can vouch for the Blitzkrieg anthologies at that price. I pretty much hate most RTS’s but those two were really fun little single player games. Even though they are mission based scripted its never that frustrating. Definitely worth the 70 cents or whatever it works out you would be paying.

Guild Wars 2 on sale until the 8th

Regular edition: $10
Deluxe Edition: $15

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2

The Deluxe Edition probably isn’t worth the $5 extra. Ultimately you’re getting an in-game cosmetic item (the Rytlock miniature) and some other temporary, useless, or easily procured items.

The regular edition is well worth the $10.

Steam today: Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 - $3.99 - 50% off.
[indent]Ok what’s the deal with this game getting overwhelmingly positive response? The review comments are pretty entertaining by themselves.[/indent]

It’s a YouTube fodder game. For the lulz.

-Todd