Bargain Thread 2015

South Park Pinball FX2 tables are 50% off on Steam & consoles this week. 2 for $2.50.

Most of my pinball friends love these tables and think they’re among the best.

360 version isn’t discounted. I think we have to buy that one to get it on both Xboxes.

The South Park table is a little crowded for my tastes, but the Butters table is great. I’ve been playing that for months now. So many interesting systems, so many infuriating ways to send the ball into the side gutters.

Crazy new pack from Bundle Stars. $1.99 (goes up tomorrow) gets you Tropico 4, Magicka, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, System Shock 2, Deponia, To The Moon, and Prime World: Defenders.

God of War: Ascension Ultimate Edition [PS3] is free right now on the Playstation Store.

Edit: This might be an error since the title was supposed to be $8 in the God of War promotion. Grab it while you can!

Edit 2:This was an error and appeared to be a short-lived glitch. I was able to grab it, but it looks like other’s attempts are not working now. Sorry!

-Todd

Yah, it’s showing as $8 on checkout even though it says free.

It is $8 even though the page shows “free.” It’s the DLC that’s free not the base game. Which works for me, I have the game on disk around here somewhere.

EDIT: Grabbed the DLC bundle, even though it’s a bit thin on content:

Download the Ultimate DLC Bundle today to add all add-on DLC for God of War: Ascension multiplayer mode to your arsenal. Includes 14 sets of armor, 27 weapons, 9 capes, and 4 tattoos. Also includes a bonus 48-hour 2X XP Boost to level-up your warrior and new equipment even faster.

I was able to get the bundle (full game + DLC) for $0.00 at checkout; may have been a very temporary glitch. All products are showing in my PSN account.

-Todd

I was able to snag the GoW: Ascension full edition for $0 just now. I’ll see what happens when I get home to download it however.

Steam today: Agarest: Generations of War 2 - $11.99 - 40% off.
[indent]JRPG with high waifu quotient. Comments say it’s better than the previous 2 games.
“DLCs on sale?” “Haa haa haa no.”[/indent]

For that price it’s worth it even if you already have a couple of the games. Is Magicka good in single player? Anyone played Prime World Defenders?

I think Magicka is a lousy single player game (and never had any luck with the netcode in multiplayer, but that might just be me). Can’t comment on Prime World Defenders at all.

I liked it a lot. Some complain it is too grindy. It was almost 2 years ago that I played it so I don’t recall the details. I think it had an interesting card based tower upgrade system. I put somewhere between 50-75 hours into it. I’m not exactly sure because I tend to leave things up paused when I step away from them.

I too thought Magika was a bad single player game.

GameStop is offering StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and its expansion Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm for $9.99 U.S. each, your choice of download or retail boxed (if available).

I bought the bundle and played it for 15 minutes. In those 15 minutes I determined it was a genre piece, and it is not my favourite genre. Play it even for an hour though and you probably got your money’s worth.

XCOM: Enemy Within down to $5 on iOS today (usually $13).

-Todd

I think I own this one on PS3 - I have one that’s not the first in the series, and not number zero. I tried playing it twice, because the second time around, I had forgotten why I had not played more of it. It soon came back though: the combat is a convoluted mess of rules for attack combos and combo attacks, which - at least in the opening stage - can be circumvented by faithfully pressing X whenever it’s your turn. Or maybe square. And it’s slow. The surrounding story is all serious business about how your character is a god, or all god-like, or has defeated a god. With memory loss of course. And the troupe of women (you start out with one, and immediately trip over number two) was shaping up to be about as interesting as a collection of doorknobs - uncritical, subservient sycophants.

The true bargain option for Agarest games is to buy something else, in my opinion.

Canada:

PS4s are $50 off at many major retailers this week.

Xbox One is also $50 off with extra bonuses:
[indent]$50 Xbox gift card @ FutureShop (today only)
Extra controller @ MicrosoftStore[/indent]

Great deals for any americans near the border with our crappy dollar.

Boughted!

Naa, just kidding. Thanks for saving me some money.

SOLD OUT. I have never ever seen BundleStars sell out a bundle before, so that tells you just how amazing a deal that was. The site says they are trying to get more keys to reopen the bundle, so if you were interested and missed out, keep checking back. Even at twice the $1.99 special price the bundle is a steal as Tropico 4, Magicka, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, System Shock 2 and Deponia are all good games.