Bargain Thread 2015

Strictly speaking, it’s $1.88 per game. Just have to arrange 4 people to buy…

EDIT: let me reuse the latest post…

Steam today (Tuesday April 4): Ancient Space - $6.79 - 66% off.
[indent]Spacy RTS. Released late 2014, so fairly new.[/indent]

Steam midweek #1: South Park: The Stick of Truth - $13.59 - 66% off.
[indent]Another great Obsidian RPG! Don’t let the color palette fool you; it’s still got wizards and elves and everything! I swear![/indent]

Steam midweek #2: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - $14.99 - 50% off.
[indent]All DLCs 50% off! More waifus for me…[/indent]

Humble Store Strategy midweek sale:
[ul]
[li]Desktop Dungeon - $7.49 - 50% off[/li][li]The Last Federation - $4.99 - 50% off[/li][li]Men of War Collector’s Pack - $9.99 - 75% off[/li][li]Blackguards Deluxe - $13.49 - 70% off[/li][li]series sale on: Spellforce, King’s Bounty, AI War, Men of War[/li][li]Planetary Annihilation - $7.49 - 75% off[/li][/ul]

GreenManGaming has some of the more recent EU4 DLC on sale at 66% (first time it’s been on sale I think). With their holiday voucher you can get that down even more. Older stuff is 75% off.

Steam today: Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - $9.99 - 75% off.

I suppose “free games” belong in this thread: USGamer article on 101 great free games worth checking out.
[indent]I’ve only heard of Hearthstone. Almost all other games are recent indies (like, created this decade or this century).[/indent]

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/mortal-kombat-x-special-kombo-pack/

If anyone is interested in MKX, it’s $45 here (instead of the $80 current Steam price), as a pre-order

here’s a free copy of ‘real boxing’ if someone wants it

https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=8484ef99de2c11e49442f5067f3292cb

one time use. is there a thread on here for giving shit away? i figured this one would do.

Oops, didn’t see the one time use. There’s another thread for giveaways I think.

thanks, just seen it :) deleted my post and will use that next time.

Bah! Any list like this that doesn’t include OpenTTD is dead to me! DEAD!

I haven’t paid attention to OpenTTD for some time… wow, lots of stuff out for it now. Going to need to dive in…

Don’t know if anyone is still on the fence about buying this, but GreenManGaminghas GTA V for 22% off using the code SAVE22-ONGTAP-RELOAD. Works out to just shy of $47.

Looks like a store-wide sale over at DCS: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

Probably time to pick up the -86 and the -15.

Steam today: THE KING OF FIGHTERS Triple Pack - $17.49 - 50% off.
[indent]Includes '98, 2002, and XIII. Each sold separately. Batteries not included.[/indent]

Steam weekend #1: Mortal Kombat and Injustice sale
[indent]
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $4.99 - 75% off.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - $4.99 - 75% off.
Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - $80.99 - 10% off. (scroll up and get the bundlestars deal instead.)
[/indent]

Steam weekend #2: Plague Inc: Evolved - $10.04 - 33% off. Early access.

Xbox Spring Sale.

XB1 Highlights: Disney Fantasia Deluxe $35, Zoo Tycoon $16

Season Passes! Watch Dogs ($14) Far Cry 4 ($21) The Crew ($17.50) Shadow of Mordor ($10) Alien Isolation ($15) Ryse ($10)

360 Highlights: Mini Ninjas ($6.59) Rayman Origins ($6) Rock Band 3 ($12)

It’s not huge.

New Humble Weekly Bundle is Tabletop Games. Play tabletop favorites on your PC!

$1 min. for Steam keys to:
[ul]
[li]Small World 2 : Complete Pack (includes base game and 3 DLC)
[/li][li]Magnifico
[/li][li]Talisman Digital Edition plus Frostmarch expansion
[/li][/ul]

$7 unlocks:
[ul]
[li]Catan : Creator’s Edition (contains original game plus Seafarers and Cities & Knights expansions, map/scenario editor and two bonus scenarios)
[/li][li]Ticket To Ride : Complete Pack (contains Ticket To Ride plus Europe, Switzerland, USA 1910 and Legendary Asia DLCs)
[/li][li]100% Orange Juice (with bonus Syura and Nanako characters)
[/li][/ul]

That second tier is actually a hell of a deal for anyone interested in playing these kinds of games on the PC. Catan and Ticket To Ride are both fantastic adaptations well worth $10 or more EACH, getting them both for $7 along with Small World 2 and Talisman is an absolute steal.

Does Small World 2 have AI opponents, and if so are they fun to play against? I’ve got Catan on the XBox, but without the expansions. Anyone know how the AI is in this version?

Anyone know if Catan, contained in the Humble Bundle is as much of a mess as the Steam reviews say?

It;'s definitely not as good as the version on Xbox 360 from Big Huge Games

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI for $5 on Gamersgate.

I’ve never played this series before, what say you QT3?

It has up to four AI opponents, so you can play single player. The reviews are mostly positive, and mention single player being decent.

Yikes, those reviews are pretty mixed. I’d assumed this was a port of the decent Xbox version, but apparently it’s a different company with a built-from-scratch version of the game. Many of the negative reviews seem to like the game but complain of terrible crash issues. A few more recent reviews mention a patch that seemed to fix the crashes for them, but even after that patch some folks still mention crashing. Looks like a mixed bag. If you don’t already own Ticket To Ride, it’s probably still worth gambling the $7 as you’ll at least get the complete pack for that game which has single player and good reviews.

I’ve got Ticket to Ride already (and like it) along with the Europe DLC, so I’d really be paying the $7 for Catan. I could risk it and hope the crashing doesn’t affect me. Catan’s a pretty fun game and I’m more likely to play it on the PC than on my XBox 360.