Bargain Thread 2015

And sold! I’ve no idea if any of these are any good, but damn if I’m going to pass up some potentially great wargaming on the cheap.

Are these names supposed to mean anything to me?

It’d be a lot easier if indie developers just named their game by genre, with a subtitle for art/graphics style, plus a number.

Just picked this up on the sale, I really enjoyed Virtues Last Reward, how similar to that is this?

These two are the best in that bunch:

The Campaign Series : Fall Weiss
Legions of Ashwood

This one looks interesting:

Cubesis

I bought the IndieGala Strategic Storm Bundle and I can’t figure out how to get the game keys. There are two gift links on my profile and I gifted the first one to myself and got an email that says to click on a gift link in my profile but I don’t see a gift link in my profile. Can anyone help?

The keys should just be in your profile where you see the gift links. I think they must be having technical issues, because I’m not seeing any keys for that bundle either, and they show right up for my other Indiegala bundles.

Maybe there is a problem on their end because the keys are not on my profile. Was I supposed to gift one bundle to myself because for some reason I received 2 gift links even though I only paid $1.00.

They’re running a promotion right now on that bundle where you get two copies of the bundle with a single purchase, apparently. I missed that part initially. And if you just click “here’s your gift link 0” (rather than emailing it to yourself), it brings you to the key page. It’s not really intuitive, but there you go.

Not sure if anyone’s posted this. 46% off Dragon Age Inquisition for PC.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/rpgs/dragon-age-inquisition-na/

Code PSNEDD-9OF09Q-P4S1MY

As malkav11 says, you will need to click the first gift link to redeem your personal keys for the IndieGala strategy bundle. This is because Steam has discontinued support for OAuth (the security tech that allowed for linking your Steam account and automatically redeeming keys with the click of a button). See here for details.

As a result, IndieGala, Humble Bundle and other bundle sites have had to switch back to simply issuing Steam keys that you cut and paste back into Steam’s key redemption system. It’s a massive step backwards, and opens the bundle sites back up to exploitation by folks who buy up 20 bundles at $1 each, wait a few weeks, and then sell the Steam keys for profit on websites like G2A.com.

I didn’t play VLR (and I only played part of 999), but some people have remarked that they are similar. There aren’t any room escape puzzles, but it is definitely in visual novel territory, though. There aren’t any branching paths or alternate endings (except failing, but that’s a quick game over).

If you liked VLR, I suspect you’ll like Danganronpa.

Steam today: Warframe: Honor Pack - $9.99 - 50% off.
[indent]This is a pack of stuff for the free-to-play Warframe (which is better than Destiny, according to some of you).
[ul][li]300 platinum[/li][li]30000 credits[/li][li]5 random mods[/li][li]3 days of affinity booster and credit booster[/li][/ul][/indent]

Steam weekend #1: Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth - $29.99 - 40% off. Free play weekend.
[indent]Entire franchise is on sale. Civ4/5 are 75% off.[/indent]

Steam weekend #2: Saint’s Row 4 - $4.99 - 75% off. Free play weekend.
[indent]Entire franchise on sale. SR4 GOTC for $7.49, or SR2-4+all DLCs for $10.99 are the better deals.[/indent]

I’m stuck deciding whether to buy Disgaea 4 for the Vita or not. I love the idea of Disgaea games, but I’ve only finished the story mission of Disgaea 1 once. Last year I started Disgaea 2 (PS2) and Disgaea D2 (PS3) at the same time, which lasted for about 2 weeks. Should I buy it now, and wait a year and see if it goes back on sale?

Hmm, that’s interesting. I’ve read enough mediocre-to-bad stuff about Beyond Earth that I don’t think I want to spend money on it…but free for a weekend? That’s promising. Thanks for the heads up!

A free weekend is ideal for the game. Lets you know if the theme helps overcome the lacking design (it does for me, just).

They gave me my keys but told me to be more careful next time because the minimum bid is $1.89 and I bid $1.00. I thought the $1.89 was the minimum to get another gift bundle.

Indie game sale on Wii U this week. If you buy one that’s listed at full price, any of the others will be 60% off. If you already own one (I own Runner2 for example…) then all the others are already 60% off. You can see the details here…

Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is $9.99 until next Thursday only. Goes up to $19.99 after the introductory price. Lots of other stuff on sale too. I find myself checking the “Price Drops” icon on the Wii U and 3DS weekly now. They often have some nice discounts.

King’s Bounty: The Dark Side on Gamersgate for $6.25, or $7.50 for premium. Is Darkside worth the time or is it just more of the same? I played the first 2 of the remake. Have the Vikings but haven’t played it yet.

It’s more of the same, but with some tweaks to it. For instance, instead of being a mage or warrior, you can be a vampire or demon lord. I liked it a good amount more than KB: Warriors of the North, but the first two are still my favorites. If you’ve grown tired of the formula, hold off.

Steam today: Warlock 2: The Exiled - $4.99 - 75% off.
[indent]Franchise sale! Warlock 1 & 2 & all DLCs on sale 75% off. Pretty good deal on a decent fantasy 4X series.[/indent]

It’s worth noting that the DLCs rarely go on sale (most didn’t get any discounts during the recent Steam winter sale) or as deep as 75% off.

-Todd