Bargain Thread 2015

Oath is the high point in my book, though Origin is pretty good too.

Also, the Elven Legacy collection for $3 is a pretty great deal too.

Which is why I always look, but never buy the 1C collection stuff. EUIV was the game that I played most, by a wide margin, last year. Total War is my top series of all time. So that those games come close, but fall short is unfortunate. If only I was into fantasy more I’d still buy, but as is fantasy ranks a distant third for setting for me. Well behind historical and sci-fi.

Still Kings Bounty has a pretty good rep…

Bleh, I’m actually in the market for a gaming mouse since my current one is giving up the ghost (Had to click this tab 3 times to actually click it) but nuts to registering for some goddamn newsletter just to get access to the sale.

Note that the original eXceed is unplayably bad. The other two are excellent, though, and well worth $5!

Anybody have words to say about the Razer Deathstalker keyboard?

I prefer the quiet low-profile scissor-switch/chiclet/whatever keys over mechanical switches. I have an otherwise ideal for me Logitech Illuminated keyboard that I need to replace because it doesn’t support SHIFT+W+SPACE (the fps sprint jump!) and I’m tired of dealing with it. This sale might be an opportunity to pick a suitable replacement.

The Razerzone site is completely borked. I’m lucky if I even get an ‘error 500’ message. Maybe they didn’t think the sale would be popular?

I got through, got a keyboard in my cart, applied the discount - they got the codes swapped around - and then didn’t purchase it. The shipping was so high, I could spend a few more bucks and get it from somewhere else quicker and easier.

Yeh, free shipping on any order over $60 (after the promo discount), and coincidentally everything over $120 was sold out. Finally got the promo code though, and went ahead and bought a BlackWidow Stealth. Came out to ~$70 with shipping and tax, higher than I expected but still a good price. I’ve been shopping around for a new keyboard, so this worked out pretty well actually.

Steam today: Nidhogg - $3.74 - 75% off.

Steam midweek #1: AssCreed Unity - $40.19 - 33% off.
[indent]Not a franchise sale. Only Unity is on sale this 3 days.[/indent]

Steam midweek #2: FORCED - $2.24 - 85% off.

PlayStation Anniversary Sale Starts Today: 60+ Games Discounted across PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PSP.

-Todd

PlayStation Anniversary Sale Starts Today: 60+ Games Discounted across PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PSP.

-Todd

Terrible discounts. :(

Yeah, I don’t get it. A lot of those games do not scream 20 years of PlayStation to me. It’s more like 20 years of third party games. How do you not offer a discount on Gran Turismo?! It’s a crap selection.

Disgaea 4 is half price ($20) on the Vita for PS+. I thought I recalled someone complaining that those games never go on sale.

So is Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (I had to cut/paste that), I might spring for that given all of the buzz I’ve heard about it.

I thought the strongest discounts were for the Vita in that sale including

Persona 4 Golden $12.00 $15.00
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky $8.00 $10.00

-Todd

Disgaea 4 is unlikely to get cheaper than $20, barring the possibility of it showing up as a PS+ freebie in the west as well. NIS America doesn’t really do deep discounts.

Ahh I’ve been waiting loh tits to go on sale!

Danganronpa is one of the best games I played in 2014. It’s sort of like Phoenix Wright, but a much more adult tone, and far more intricate “cases”. There are some mini games that are sort of “eh”, but doesn’t really detract from the whole thing.

Highly recommended.

Steam today: Castle Crashers - $3.74 - 75% off.
[indent]Or get the 4-pack for $11.24 and gift them! Everyone should have a copy of Castle Crashers.[/indent]

Pretty nice little Strategic Storm Bundle over at IndieGala.com. $1.89 min. (next 24 hours) buys you Steam keys for:
[ul]
[li]1953 NATO vs. Warsaw Pact[/li][li]The Campaign Series : Fall Weiss[/li][li]Storm over the Pacific[/li][li]Strategic War in Europe[/li][li]World War II Time of Wrath[/li][li]Legions of Ashwood (I’d never heard of this, but it looks interesting)[/li][li]Cubesis (one of these things is not like the others…)[/li][/ul]

BUT WAIT! Order now and IndieGala will throw in a second copy of the bundle FREE! Just pay separate shipping and processing fees of $0…

Bundlestars.com has a Reboot 10.0 Bundle for $1.99 (next 24 hours). Includes:
[ul]
[li]Xotic Complete - includes all 3 DLC[/li][li]8BitBoy[/li][li]Fortix 2[/li][li]Ignite[/li][li]Space Farmers 2-pack[/li][li]Vector[/li][li]Jet Car Stunts[/li][li]SOL : Exodus[/li][li]Residue : Final Cut[/li][li]Rush for Glory[/li][/ul]

They also have an Abstract Bundle for $2.49 that includes:
[ul]
[li]Secrets of Raetikon[/li][li]Megabyte Punch[/li][li]Velicibox[/li][li]Knights of the Pen and Paper +1 Edition[/li][li]Great Permutator[/li][li]Meltdown[/li][li]PixelJunk Shooter[/li][li]PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate[/li][li]Pulstar[/li][li]Vangers[/li][/ul]

And a Bloodshed Bundle for $3.49 that includes:
[ul]
[li]Blood Knights[/li][li]Guns of Icarus Online[/li][li]Summoner[/li][li]To The Moon[/li][li]Tales From Space : Mutant Blobs Attack[/li][li]Last Inua[/li][li]Probably Archery[/li][li]Skilltree Saga (The Dark Eye)[/li][li]Chronology[/li][li]Making History II : The War of the World[/li][/ul]

Heck, basically for $10 you could own everything I just listed…