Bargain Thread 2015

Steam today: Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas - $7.49 - 50% off.
[indent]Steam tags: indie action adventure puzzle rpg. Seems to be an IOS port. Looks to me like a 2.5D Zelda.[/indent]

Steam weekend #1: Anno 2070 Complete - $9.99 - 75% off.
[indent]Complete includes all the DLCs. Standalone game is $7.49.[/indent]

Steam weekend #2: Broforce - $9.99 - 33% off. Early access.
[indent]EA still? I thought it was feature complete a long time ago?!? I don’t have the game, so what do I know?[/indent]

Humble Weekly Bundle: Leading Ladies 2

$1
Trine 2 Complete
Lumino City
Hack n Slash
BTA
A City Sleeps
The Marvelous Miss Take
$12
Gravity Ghost
Sunset

I’m in for Lumino City and Marvelous Miss Take with perhaps a dalliance with Hack ‘n’ Slash.

Also of note: Sunset stirred a lot of debate recently and may be the last game from the studio.

-Todd

Based on comments and reviews I’ve read, sounds like Styx could have been a great stealth game, but terrible controls ruin the experience. I’m giving it a pass.

They are refundable…

If you have a PS4 with PS+, Styx is in the next batch of free games.

I have a PS4, so that’s perfect! Thanks for the head’s up.

Lord of the Rings Online has some great deals in their online store.

All 11 Quest packs for 20$, and all 5 Expansion packs for 20$

Out There Somewhere is on sale for nineteen cents again. Highly recommended! It’s an exploratory platformer designed around a teleport gun. It uses its mechanics well, and keeps things short; the first time I played through it, I got an achievement for finishing the game in under an hour.

Looks like I’m almost a day late. Tip courtesy of Hardcore Gamer.

Independence Day Un-sale. 0% off a bunch of indie games!
I can list them, but you know what? Just pick one off of your wishlist from Steam, GOG, wherever. Or even better, go buy it at the indie dev’s site directly!

Under an hour?

Sold! Gotta support the short games.

So, how do you make money selling at nineteen cents? Are they trying to get folks to get the $1.49 bundle? Steamspy indicates 14k owners.

Answer: You don’t. Or at least, you don’t make enough money for a single person to sustain themselves.

Ori and the Blind Forest is 75% off already on Steam. 2 day promotion. 2 hour price error.

Wrong game! This one sold better and is private on steamspy. 15 cents isn’t much less than they’d get from being in bundles, with a lot more visibility in the weeklong specials.

Brilliant little game. It’s nice playing and actually finishing a game at this point in my life :)

Steam today: Shadowgate (2014) - $2.99 - 80% off.

Steam weeklongs. This week’s picks:
[ul]
[li]Polarity - $0.19 - 96% off.
[/li][indent]Sounds like it’s a FP-puzzle game very much inspired by Portal.[/indent]
[li]The Hat Man: Shadow Ward - $0.19 - 96% off.
[/li][indent]Indie survival horror game. I’ll pass.[/indent]
[li]Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War Gold Edition - $4.99 - 75% off.
[/li][li]Chaos Reborn - $14.99 - 25% off. Early Access. QT3 thread.
[/li][li]Heckabomb - $2.99 - 50% off.
[/li][indent]It’s on my wishlist. shrug.[/indent]
[li]Mousecraft - $5.99 - 60% off.
[/li][indent]This game is free this month on Playstation Plus for the Vita.[/indent]
[li]Skulls of the Shogun - $4.99 - 50% off.
[/li][li]Robin’s Quest - $1.24 - 75% off.
[/li][indent]Some of you like hidden object games, so here’s one.[/indent]
[li]ManaCollect - $4.68 - 33% off.
[/li][indent]Minesweeper boardgame?[/indent]
[/ul]

oof, I benefited there then. sucks for the devs.

I missed a day, but seems like I didn’t miss much.

Steam today: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $9.99 - 75% off.

Steam yesterday: VoidExpanse - $11.24 - 25% off.
[indent]Brian Rubin did a series of Let’s Play videos.[/indent]

Steam midweek #1: The Legend of Korra - $3.74 - 75% off.

Steam midweek #2: LISA - $4.99 - 50% off.
[indent]I read the description I don’t even[/indent]

Thank you for linking to my LP, Kao!

Incredible Humble Game Making Bundle started yesterday.

Pay what you want for:
[ul]
[li]Game Dev Starter Pack (contains Game Guru and Axis Game Factory Pro 3.0 game maker engines)[/li][li]Stencyl : Indie Edition 1-year license (game creation and publishing tool)[/li][li]Humble Bundle Starter DLC Pack (lots of assets for use with game maker software)[/li][li]Indie Game Maker 2014 Finalist Pack (Steam keys for indie games Last Word and Remnants of Isolation)[/li][li]Labyrinthine Dreams (Steam key)[/li][li]Coupons for 90% off RPG Maker 2000 ($2.49), RPG Maker 2003 ($1.99) and RPG Maker XP ($2.49) in the Humble Store[/li][/ul]

BTA (currently $10.88) and add:

[ul]
[li]RPG Maker VX Ace Deluxe Edition (the premium $100 version of VX Ace, Steam key)[/li][li]Game Character Hub (create and edit character assets for the RPG Maker programs, Steam key)[/li][li]Humble Bundle Sci-Fi DLC Pack (tons of Sci-Fi themed assets for game maker software)[/li][li]Humble Bundle New DLC Pack (more assets for game maker software)[/li][li]Aveyond : Lord of Twilight (Steam key)[/li][li]Crimzon Clover World Ignition (Steam key)[/li][li]$10 Credit to Game Dev Fort store (purchase even more assets)[/li][li]…still more stuff to come next week[/li][/ul]

Pay $12 and unlock:
[ul]
[li]App Game Kit 2 (another game development engine, Steam key)[/li][li]Spriter Pro (create 2-D animations from your game assets, Steam key)[/li][li]Sprite Lamp (add dynamic lighting to your 2-D sprites, Steam key)[/li][li]Humble Bundle Fantasy DLC Pack (fantasy themed assets for your game maker software)[/li][li]Goats on a Bridge (Steam key)[/li][/ul]

Supply your email address at the bottom of the page and receive FREE:
[ul]
[li]Mibibli’s Quest (Steam key)[/li][li]Humble Bundle Exclusive DLC Pack (yet more assets for game maker software)[/li][/ul]

Honestly, if you’re interested in this bundle at all you should be in for the $12 tier. Even if you already own VX Ace Pro the addition of tools like Spriter Pro, AGK2, Sprite Lamp and the metric crapton of assets in the DLC packs make it a bargain. If you don’t own any game maker software, or maybe just an older version of RPG Maker, then this bundle pretty much gives you EVERYTHING you need to sit down and make playable, sellable games for the price of a pizza.

Unity of Command + Black Turn DLC for $1.90 (current BTA) on IndieGameStand.