Bargain Thread 2016

The Qt3 appreciated Space Colony is available@ a historical low-Steam-price… at chrono.gg. I bought it when it was summer-deal-discounted at gog.com since the Steam-special-version is said to be not so special afer all; but what does it matter if it’s cheap anyway and the base game remains the same good stuff. Well, I have not played it much although I liked it a great deal despite/or because of somewhat dorky german voice overs (and I put it on the short list for ‘builder’s need’)… well, at least I remember very well having waited a long time for it to be discounted…so therefore am I’m posting it here: it’s now decently discounted once again :-)

I liked space colony although the interpersonal stuff was just annoying. Its a shame they do not make more games like that.

It just has Workshop support, is all.

Dust: An Elysian Tail (iOS Universal) is on sale for the first time, and for only $0.99.

Deepest discount yet on…

…and its expansion…

For some reason, the links/images in Mysterio’s post aren’t loading for me. I don’t know what the deepest discount yet is on! It’s something with an expansion, that’s all I know! The suspense is killing me!

That’s odd! It’s for Renowned Explorers and its expansion.

New Humble Sierra Bundle is live.

Pay $1 or more for Steam keys to the classics:

• Space Quest Collection
  • Phantasmagoria 1 & 2
  • Police Quest Collection
  • Shiftlings

BTA (currently $8.45) and also receive:

• Arcanum : Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  • Time Shift
  • Quest for Glory 1-5
  • Gabriel Knight 1-3

Pay $15 and unlock:

• Caesar 3 & 4
  • Geometry Wars 3 : Dimensions Evolved
  • King’s Quest Collection Classic
  • Velocity 2X

Pay $20 and add:

• King’s Quest (2015) : The Complete Collection (All 5 chapters plus epilogue)

King’s Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Quest for Glory, Gabriel Knight were all some of my favorite games growing up. I think KQ 1 was my first PC game I had when my dad bought a PC Jr. As much as I loved them at the time I don’t think I could play them again. It’s tempting for nostalgia sake, but I’m pretty sure they’d gather virtual dust on the shelf.

The bundle should still be worth it if you’re a fan of first person shooters and haven’t played the hidden gem Time Shift yet. It came out in the fall of 2007 along with games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and others (It was a REALLY amazing year for first person shooters). So Time Shift was lost in all that. But it was really a great game.

Human Resource Machine (iOS Universal) is on sale for the first time, and for only $0.99.

Does the complete quest for glory include the updated version of 2? I started a run through of the first one several years ago, and I was on my way to making a Paladin Thief (only possible at the end of the second game).

The updated QFGII was a fan remake so is unlikely to be included in official bundles.

Okay, well I have it somewhere on my computer. Just need versions 3 through 5.

I’ve enjoyed almost everything in the Humble Sierra upper tiers :) I remember heavily considering the Phantasmagoria & Space Quest boxes @ Babbages & Electronics Boutique, are those still fun today? Their book bundle is worth mentioning, Mad magazine. The 8$ tier includes a digital subscription for a year.

Xbox:
The Forza Horizon (current GWG) DLC is 75% off, Season pass has ~30 more cars and includes the rally expansion, ~2 hours long. It’s nothing special, but this could be your last chance to buy it. VIP pack has 5 more cars and an early multiplayer XP boost. Forza Horizon 2 Porsche expansion & Storm Island are also 75% off.

A friend of mine gave me his copies of Caesar 3/4 from this bundle. . . so if I wind up buying it if/when the gf’s job offer comes through for sure, I may well have some copies to gift. . .

Big Paradox sale over in Gabeland. All the DLC you can throw a stick at (if that’s your idea of a good time).

I think I’ll be (re)buying Knights of Honor, Majesty Gold HD, and perhaps some of that CK II DLC I’ve been eyeballing.

GameFly has free shipping on all used items. A few sample bargains, all XB1/PS4 unless noted otherwise:

Homefront the Revolution $10
SW Battelfront $14
The Division, Battleborn $15
Deadpool $18
Mad Max $15 (PS4) $18 (XB1)
Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal, Just Cause 3 $20
PS4 only – Until Dawn, Knack, Tearaway, Bloodborne $18, The Order $15
XB1 only – Sunset Overdrive, GoW Ultimate $18
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) $38 << I thought this was way out of print

That’s some nice deals. Homefront is very tempting for only $10. Same with The Division for $15.

GoW Ultimate is overpriced at $18 though. It’s on sale on Xbox Live this week for $10 for Gold members. I’m still thinking about that one. I already own it on 360. Does the remake really change it much? I could just play the original 360 version, right? Why spring the extra $10 for Ultimate?

Is this still really rough on consoles? If it is playable that is a nice price.