Bargain Thread 2016

Woohoo! The DLC for Bloodborne is finally for Sale. Old Hunters DLC is $8 for PS+ members today. I bought it.

Now I can go back to Bloodborne, since I’d reached a point where I suspected I could maybe do the DLC.

So looks like Target is offering some Black Friday deals early. BF 1 and Titanfall 2 are $35. Have you put them in the cart to get the reduced price to show up.

Best Buy’s Black Friday site is up (http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com). I noticed the Amazon Echo is priced at $139 and the Dot is $39 (page 32).

Walmart flyer for Black Friday has a number of games in the $35 and $25 piles.

In $35 I see Mafia 3, Gears of War 4, Overwatch, Bioshock collection, Destiny Complete, among others.

In the $25 pile I see Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, GTA V, The Division.

Under $15 I see DOOM, Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cry Primal, Recore, Star Wars Battlefront.

Nice. I see Gears 4 and Battlefield 1 on there for $30, if one is willing to go on Thanksgiving day at 5pm.

What are we expecting the best Xbone price to be? I’m contemplating getting one, but don’t know if I should just buy a refurbished one on eBay or wait for Black Friday.

Walmart is now matching those prices too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Titanfall-2-Xbox-One/52599739

bfads.net is showing a $250 Xbone S bundle which includes BF1 at Walmart; not clear if that’ll be available online or not but $250 is probably the best price we’ll see.

Dell will have:

Xbox One S 500GB BF1 Bundle w/Gears 4 and extra controller: $249.99 on Nov 24 at 9pm ET

If it’s like last year, it will be a millisecond before they’re all gone. But once again, I think it’s the best XB1 deal again this year.

Keep an eye on the Black Friday Megathread at Cheapassgamer.

Cross-posting from the giveaway thread…

DiRT 3 Complete Edition is currently free on Humble Store for a limited time:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-complete-edition-free-game

Thanks for the heads up! I was glad to get this and am glad I didn’t delay key activation.

“Immediately after 10AM Pacific on November 19, the code will magically vanish as if it were just a figment of your imagination, leaving this cryptic message behind in its wake.”

Unfortunately, the best Xbox One deals came on the original model when the S was announced. I got a system, three games, an extra controller and a $50 gift card for $292. It’s been boxed up for Christmas ever since.

If there are any OG models still around, those may have the best bundles.

True, but if you have a 4K TV or plan to get one, I’d still recommend the Model S instead. I wish mine had a 4K Blu Ray player like the Model S does, so I could try it out earlier this year when my dad’s TV stopped working and he got a 70 inch 4K TV with HDR. I’ll hang on to my own TV as long as it keeps working,

You bought yourself a system and then wrapped it for yourself for Xmas?

That’s some serious self-discipline, man. Kudos to Dave.

I have three teenage boys. It’s for them, (they have always been Halo fans largely thanks to me) but I’ll play it too.

I bought a Wii on launch day and packed it away til Christmas. I’ve done a bunch of similar things for my kids this way.

Don’t tell em, but we’ll have Battlefield 1 on December 25th too. ;)

Interestingly, Squad is free to play on Steam this weekend and 50% off, down to $19.99 which is the best (and rare) sale since it hit Early Access a while back.

I might try this if I can spare a few moments. Squad is one of those games I would absolutely adore back when I had the time, but I worry that I just don’t have the time or committment for something like this now. Squad kind of straddles between Insurgency and Arma 3.

Squad is great… If you can get a good group going and you can stand even more jank than Arma 3.

I was eyeing that Walmart ad again. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 are in the front section of the ad, doorbusters at $27. I know Battlefield 1 will probably be gone at that price pretty fast, but maybe Titanfall 2 will still be available if I go stand in line and go to Walmart on Thanksgiving night?

Normally I’d never do that, but this year the family is not getting together on Thanksgiving for the first time since 2004. So it will just be me and my wife. I might as well use the opportunity to get some savings on video games!

Make it a family affair! Invite your wife to wait in line with you.