Bargain Thread 2017

Looks like Twitch is offering Kentucky Route Zero for free to Twitch Prime users - downside is, because I know there are folks around here that don’t like it, that you have to use their application to play the game.

You have to download the game through the Twitch client but it is not required to play it.
Kentucky Route Zero is DRM-free, so you can just copy over the executable and uninstall the client after you download it.

Well there you go! Win/win. Although … I’m betting somebody is going to be irritated they need the Twitch app to download. Gut feeling here.

Your lucky day. GoG has the worst Captcha system I’ve ever seen. In addition to being frustrating as hell, it easily gets confused and will put you in an endless loop of failing.

LOL - I’ll count my blessings.

Roadwar 2000 was awesome. The sequel, Roadwar Europa had some small but useful interface improvements if I remember correctly. Played the hell out of them both. I wish there was a modern equivalent.

The last thing I played that scratched that itch was the online game Dark-Wind. I was addicted to it for some months many years ago. The management aspects and car combat were both great, if only there were a real fleshed out single player version of a game like that.

As did mine.

BundleStars.com’s Star Deal for today is Injustice : Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition PLUS Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition together for only $5.99. That’s an 85% discount on both games. Crazy good deal if you’ve somehow managed to avoid purchasing either game to date and enjoy fighting games.

PC version of The Division Gold Edition

$24

Not sure if someone’s posted this already, but the Humble Store has a good deal (70% off) on GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst (includes GOD EATER Resurrection for free)

It’s £12. Someone tell me the price in dollars.

It’s 15 pieces of eight, 1 shilling and 2 pennies.

That’s a multiplayer only game, pretty much, right?

You can play the story through completely single player, but the safe rooms (shopping and mission hubs) are all shared spaces. The Dark Zone is a PvP zone and should be avoided because it sucks. FWIW I played through the whole game solo and really enjoyed it.

Per Google that would be $15.38 today.

Yeah, I played Division through solo as well and I really liked it too. I even played a fair amount of endgame solo as well.

I’ve also played it solo, but for certain missions you can queue for team play, its actually well implemented, only thing is the lower level content doesn’t have many players, unless a sale happens and a new influx of players happen.

I’ve never entered the dark zone, seems like a large area of the map just wasted on a badly implemented idea.

The Wingamestore Spring sale is on. I picked up Bounty Train (comes out of EA in about a month) for 6 Quatloos and so far it seems a decent mix of FTL/economic sim/RPG.

[edit II assume their sister Mac site is also having a sale.

Hey people, quick question re the freebie games on Twitch for Amazon Prime members-- I already have Kentucky Route Zero but I wonder if I can still snag the free copy from the current Twitch offer and give it away somehow.

I was browsing the deals, and considering Ortus Arena, when a quick search on the Steam forum about asynchronous play brought this up. No Ortus Arena for me then!

Yeah, the lack of async play killed it for me. The AI is a pushover, and I don’t have to time or interest in committing to completing a match in one sitting.

Pity, because there’s a pretty good combat system there.