Bargain Thread 2017

Thought in the press release there was supposed to be a 50 dollar BC that did have the expansion and would also be on sale for 30 initially.

Exactly. Don’t get the snark over thinking that Blizzard may have maintained consistency with prior Battlechest releases.

Oh. Bless your heart. For one thing, I do get what Rock8man was doing, which was clarifying. Folks just had some fun with it.

But hey, since you asked…

Blizzard is consistent. They haven’t been including paid content released after a Battle Chest release for a while, if they ever did

So. Diablo III’s Battle Chest isn’t new. It came out the summer of 2016. It does not contain the new content that came out in June of 2017.

That’s consistent with the Starcraft 2 Battle Chest, which came out in the spring of 2015, and does not contain expansion content (like the Nova Covert Ops) that came out in 2016…and that content hasn’t be retroactively added.

At any rate…what else is on sale this weekend folks???

A bunch of stuff you should either already own or pick up this weekend if you’re in the Playstation ecosystem:

Highlights including Ratchet & Clank, God of War 3 Remaster, and Shadow of Mordor GOTY

Hmm. I remember enjoying earlier iterations of Ratchet & Clank on PS2 way back when. Is the current version up to that standard?

The new game is a reimagining of the first game/movie tie-in, and the action scratches a similar “use ridiculous weapons to blow up baddies” itch. I mention the movie tie-in because the story takes a bit of a hit for it which was the main complaint around release.

Any non-MMO examples of that, mister pedant? Seriously, take that attitude and blow it out your ass.

That is mesmerizing.

I mentioned it over in the Xbox thread but what the heck: the summer ultimate game sale starts Friday the 30th. Don’t yet know what that will entail.

MFW posting a Diablo III Battle Chest deal in the Bargain Thread 3 hours ago:

http://imgur.com/GTuWi

Starcraft II and Diablo III are MMOs?

Wanna try again?

It’s a good deal though! Especially since you can get the whole shebang with the new dlc at full price for $35!

What’s that?

So at some point are they going to have a Diablo 3 Battlechest 2 that includes everything?

There already is. It’s called the eternal collection. Thought it was going to be available at a sale price of 30, but it’s 38.99, which doesn’t make much sense.

Enough of this pointless bickering, back to bargains I say!

Want 100 Steam games and DLC for $3? BundleStars.com has:
Dollar Ultra Bundle Reloaded - 47 games, $1
Dollar Mega Bundle - 28 games, $1
Dollar Loot Bundle - 25 games and DLC, $1

Sure, most of it is garbage, but there are easily a dozen different interesting games spread across the three bundles, and that means they’re literally $0.25 each when you spend the $3. Plus lots of the games have Steam Trading Cards if you’re into that.

BundleStars.com also have the Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Complete Collection for $19.95 after using code RED5 to get an additional 5% off the sale price.

Thanks for the head’s up. Some great PS4 deals there.

Yeah, we’re only supposed to look forward to that sort of thing in the new Star Trek!

The opinion for D3 improved right, but if I am buying PS4 for MH, may very well do that, and D3 is meant to play on PS4… any reason to do it on PC?

Been looking at the PSN sale and this caught my eye:

It’s a rock-themed ghostbuster visual novel/battleship-ish strategy game.

It’s got to be promising, right?