Bargain Thread 2017

I think we are past the days when Ultimate Editions, Season Passes, Collections, Battle Chests, Game of the Year Editions, etc. contain everything; and that is sad. Paradox is the worst offender but increasingly large numbers of games fall into this situation.

I suppose a result of the Games as a Service model and our DLC crazed world.

I kind of just ignore the DLC anymore unless it’s a game I’m completely over the moon for like Breath of the Wild, and even then I almost forgot the DLC is coming tomorrow. shrug

Seeing as how it sounds like you haven’t bought either, I think you’re an informed shopper.

Well, I do own base Diablo 3 on PC, and Diablo 3 on 360 and Diablo 3 with Reaper of Souls on Xbox One. So I think that qualifies me as a Blizzard consumer. :)

Great deal on Monster Slayers. Complete edition for $5.

DRM FREE sale @ Humble Bundle Store. Quite a few games cheaper than the currently ongoing Steam sale.

That link isn’t working for me.

It was a 24 hour deal.

Damn.

Original Shadow Warrior free on GoG

I just got a mail from isthereanydeal.com that Stardew Valley is on sale for something like $4.50 on itch.io
I’ve never heard of that website before but it sounds dubious as hell. Are they grey market resellers?

Itch is legit, no worries to buy from them.

Why is the game so cheap there? According to website you download a RAR file. Will it get updated to new versions?

Itch is great but (and I hope I am wrong) I think this looks like someone else took the GOG release and put in on Itch.

This has happened before and its usually removed quickly.

I would wait and see if it gets removed or not. It looks fishy. Chucklefish is not listed for example.

So the Steam sale is coming to an end and I haven’t bought anything yet.

The time ot make a choice is near.

Those stickers were just dumb, though.

I got a badge for collecting all the stickers, I am not even sure I know what I did. :D

Same here, Badge plus XP, which bumped my Steam Level so that was nice I guess.

If you have been diligent about doing all the daily activities to earn stickers, you should have collected them all by now. Unlike trading cards, sticker packs have no duplicates, so you will collect all the stickers by the end. Scroll through each sticker book page, apply the stickers for that page (by double clicking them in the area underneath the page background), and when they’re all on the page it will prompt you that you’ve completed the page. Click “Save this page” and the completed page will be available for you to use as a profile background. Once you have completed applying stickers to all pages, you get the badge and XP.

I really should get back into completing badges for my games and running games to obtain cards. I have something like 350+ games that are card/badge eligible, and have done maybe 25 or so of them. Every 10 Steam levels you obtain increases you chance to receive free trading card booster packs, which is basically free Steam Wallet money. I would be curious what the booster drop rate is for people with Steam Levels 100+, as at 37 I see maybe one every 8 weeks, certainly not often enough to be worthwhile.

Looks totally fishy. I wonder why there isn’t an easier way to report bad listings like this if it happens so easily…

Me too. There are some good deals, but the gaming desktop has effectively been in mothballs during the remodel.

TW: Warhammer may get me though.

Mr. President on the Humble Store for $0.04! You may have to pay more to meet the minimum if you don’t use PayPal though. Never played this but looks ridiculous. Should hopefully cover the physics-based bodyguarding hole in my Steam backlog.