Bargain Thread 2017

Fallout 4 for <$15 is mighty tempting. Somebody remind me why I don’t want it.

Not sure I’m the man for that seeing as I already bought it a while ago knowing that it didn’t seem to be a great game. It was OK. Maybe worth it to explore the world a while and shoot things. I didn’t think there was enough enemy variety and the settlement building was more bother than it’s worth.

I’d say Skyim was much better for the exploring and there are a lot of games with better shooty parts.

It’s Bethesda, so the writing makes no sense. The plot is poor. It looks ugly and janky. Fallout 3 bored you to tears. The tone is inconsistent. Level scaling is annoying.

Ok I don’t know how many of those are true. I realized after Fallout 3 that no matter how much people raved, Bethesda games really weren’t my thing. So join me in the ignore Fallout 4 clubhouse.

I was gonna mumble something about Witcher 3, but realized the last thing you posted about it was when you downloaded it.

Thanks, guys. Maybe I should go back to Witcher 3

If you’re in the market for older Bethesda games, check GamersGateUK first. They have
Wolfenstein (Machinehead, both games) for ca. 3.33GBP each
Skyrim for ca. 2.28GBP
and some others.

This!

So true. I have a dozen Fat Man and gazillion mini nukes and I don’t use them, but screws, gears and corks? Can’t get enough.

GMG has the two recent wolfenstein games, new order and old blood (?) for $4.25 each as a flash sale.

Total steal. In The New Blood, I didn’t manage to make it as far as the (I gather) zombie-infested town-- was it something like that? Just hit a bad difficulty spike.

So how long do “flash sales” last? I only ask because every single time I visit this thread and read about one, I go to the website and they’re over.

Every single time.

Geez that was fast, I only posted it an hour ago! Sorry.

They’re still $5 apiece, which was the price I was going to bite on during the Steam Summer Sale, so I grabbed them anyway.

That was the flash price (before adding the extra 15% voucher), so there must be a lag in price changes.

They’re supposedly a day long, but the day always seems to end early to mid afternoon Pacific time.

The GMG flash sales change every 12 hours.

When’s the last day? When can we safely buy something without the possibility of it appearing in a flash sale?

Keine Ahnung (no idea).

I wonder if they’ll have an ‘encore’ like Steam did on occasion, with all flash sales available together.

New Predator Bundle is live at BundleStars. $2.99 for 11 Steam games:

• Dead Effect 2 plus Bonus Dead Effect
  • Blue Estate The Game
  • The Bug Butcher
  • Space Rangers HD : A World Apart
  • Neverending Nightmares
  • Doorways : Holy Mountains of Flesh
  • Shark Attack Deathmatch 2
  • Survivalist
  • Odallus : The Dark Call
  • Standby

The Dead Effect games are worth $3 all by themselves. Space Rangers HD is also very good. Survivalist and Odallus are both interesting indie titles.

GreenManGaming Flash Deals today include:

• Deus Ex : Mankind Divided - $12.75 after code
  • Bioshock Infinite - $6.38 after code
  • Hearts of Iron IV - $17.00 after code
  • Devil May Cry 4 : Special Edition - $10.62 after code
  • DOOM - $12.75 after code
  • Sniper Elite III - $10.62 after code