Bargain Thread 2017

The Atari vault is tempting. I have a fond memory of a lot of those games, but I think my patience, and more importantly, my reflexes are no longer compatible with those kinds of games.

I’d say you’re looking for the Activision Anthology but then it doesn’t look like that’s on Steam.

Looks like!

Gotta track that down for Pitfall II!!

I just want one of these collections to include Joust. Easily my all-time favorite from that era.

Need to train up to beat Acererak?

It’s a good bundle, I own it on PS2. Got all the great Activision Atari games, at least all the ones I could think of.

I discovered Joust as an early XBLA game on the 360. I was not aware of it before that. I really enjoyed the heck out of that game in 2006. It really held up, even as a modern game. Which is kind of amazing.

I lost many quarters to Joust…

I wanted to make that joke.

Tekken 7 is also 40% off ($30) on that Namco Steam Sale this weekend- if you have the hard drive space for it (it’s pretty hefty)- it’s a solid game for folks of all skill levels.

I was working in an arcade that had a Joust in it in college. Damn I’m getting old.

Does it come with an Atari Joystick?

Then I’d pay more than $3 for sure! I love the simplicity of 1 button and stick. I’d also prefer to play those games with that original stick - such a different feel that the dinky sticks on modern controllers.

Fallout Bundle is the featured offering at Bundle Stars Bundlefest today. 5 games and 11 DLC for $19.49.
You get Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3 (GOTY) and Fallout New Vegas (GOTY). It comes as 3 Steam Keys, one for the early trilogy, one for everything FO:3 and another for everything FO:NV.

Also on offer, a Quake Bundle for $9.99. Quake 1-4, Team Arena and 5 mission packs.

If you play the F2P game Neverwinter, there is a Neverwinter Bundle with multiple tiers of discounted additional paid content for the game.

Neverwinter is surprisingly great, if you come back to it every 6 months or so to play the new content. It’s been like 18 months for me, I really should check it out again.

Actually I just checked-- I last played in 2013. So… probably a lot of new stuff since then.

There is an itch.io Hurricane Relief bundle for the next day and change. $20 for 50 games. Many are the sort of weird experimental stuff that itch.io has a reputation for, but there’s some more traditional stuff in there too, and seven of the games have Steam keys:
https://itch.io/b/195/hurricane-relief-bundle

Any advice regarding which of those DLCs are worthwhile?

The $5 bundle isn’t bad, comes with an 80% mount. The $25 bundle is theoretically a good deal also, as the mount is account-wide and epic.

The 7.49 tier seems weird as you’re paying $2.50 extra for a mount that’s worse than you’re getting in the $5 tier. I guess maybe it’s been hard to come by? But it’s just a horse, so no idea why anyone would be hot and bothered about getting it over something more exotic.

You really don’t need to buy anything except any mount. That’s all I bought in the game, back in 2013. I think I got an epic 110% one. Neverwinter doesn’t force you to pay.

It does spam the middle of your screen with “Drazzt got a coolnewthing from a lockbox!”, though. At least it did back in 2013.