Bargain Thread 2018

Which game?

He’s saying Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey is the same game as Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but with spears.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Right. The Greek isles were the original wildlands :)

Speaking of those two games on PC, are they as horribly optimized for Windows as AC Origins is (still – the thing makes my CPU run at over 40%)? I know DRM is part of that but the other Ubi games have it as well, so…

Wildlands, so far, has run wonderfully. Well, it did once it stopped crashing (turning off anti-aliasing and/or the Uplay overlay seemed to fix that).

I haven’t tried any Ubisoft game on the PC.

Keep in mind Brian has an uber PC that most mortals do not possess.

Fair, I might not be the best judge at the moment.

Is ‘over 40%’ too much?

Because it sounds pretty low to me.

Oh, I’m aware. :-)

LOL. Because F-19/F-119 was released on GOG, first. And GOG has always insisted on manuals.

Retroism is not good. They’re lazy. They find whatever they can from warez distros, do zero to fix them up, and dump them wholesale on whatever market.

For reals? I had no idea. That is extremely shitty.

In a perfect world, we have someone who would not only buy the rights to these old DOS chestnuts, but would also be a master-level x86 disassembly person who could poke in the games’ guts to fix ancient bugs. And while we’re in never-never land, this person would be hot as hell, and would personally deliver the games to me.

Bunnies and rainbows, people. But in the meantime, Retroism (and my own 9.6GB DOS “collection”) is all we got for these old Microprose titles.

Can I send you a USB stick and pay for you to ship it back to me with that on it? ;)

Just zip the collection with password (and maybe in smaller parts) en use wetransfer or whatever cloud solutions there are these days. :)

Sending stuff with Usb sticks is starting to get a little old fashioned…

I think they’re all about the same. My machine literally heats the room after a while in Odyssey. Not sure I’d call that badly optimised instead of demanding… who else has the scale of the recent Ubigames?

Edit: Oh you mean compared to the console versions - are those much the same as the PC version? Fair enough then.

You callin’ me old?

PS4 and XBox AC Odyssey on sale for $40

Of course not! Brian Rubin is only as old as the latest space game begin released! Hence you get rejuvinated every few days. We are soo jealous!

Well you do own the rig of an immortal, so it only goes to figure…

There can be only one.