Bargain Thread 2018

That is pretty nifty. I won’t say the lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker, but it’s a draw back.

That one is definitely going on my short list!

Thank you Nesrie!

PSN Black Friday sale has started :

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider is already 50% off, which is pretty sad considering it’s just been released
  • Hollow Knight Voidheart Edition 50% off, it hasn’t been out that lonf on PS4 either
  • The Surge - Augmented Edition - 67%, noteworthy because only the original edition was on sale last time, not the complete one
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - 35% off

There’s also the usual bunch of AAA stuff on sale.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is half off as part of that PSN Black Friday: $29.99.
The Prey/Dishonored 2 bundle is also super cheap. $25.99, I think?

Games in my wishlist that are on sale:

Detroit: Become Human $22 (not cheap enough yet)
Dragon Quest XI: $42 (not cheap enough yet)
Last of Remastered: $6 (I’ve already played through it, but want to eventually buy it, but it can wait)
Dad of War: $22 (tempting! Though I’m too busy with other games these days, so maybe next year).

Still, that’s decent prices.

Hey, is there a site that keeps track of console game prices like isthereanydeal.com does for PC game prices? I’m looking to score a deal on Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 with the DLC sometime before the end of the year, and I don’t want to buy used at GameStop.

Pixel 3/3 XL is getting BOGO 50% in Canada.

The PSN Black Friday sale has it for a good price.

Thanks for the tip-- I’ll check it out.

Also check this gent’s twitter daily, many great deals on console stuff and sometimes PC also.

https://twitter.com/Wario64

That is tempting. That is pretty high on my list. Is that at the Playstation store? I may wait and see what Amazon does for the disk version.

Earthfall has a free weekend and 66% off sale, good time to check out why this game isn’t doing well.

11-17-2018%209-50-14%20AM

Yes, $22 is the price if you buy from PSN. Looking over that spreadsheet that LockerK linked to, God of War will be $25 at nearly all retailers during Black Friday sales. So the PSN price is actually better.

Discount on PS+

$39.99

Or if you have gift cards, trying to get that Amex deal you can wait for Best Buy starting evening Thursday.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ps-plus-12-month-membership-digital/5627300.p?ref=8575135&loc=721cb05cea9e11e892464267e803f3150INT&acampID=721cb05cea9e11e892464267e803f3150INT

same price

Looks like HZD Complete Edition is $14.99 during the sale. I assume that PSN games are only distributed digitally though, right? While I’ve gone over completely to downloaded games on the PC, with consoles I’m still hesitant to do that, because if I ever want to sell or give away a console, the games don’t go with it. I think I’ll wait to see what the price of the physical version does over the next couple of months.

So I gave the first mission of Eathfall a try, definitely a budget alien themed L4D. At $10 if you got nothing else to play, I’d give it a thumbs up. Bots seem pretty decent which shocked me a bit. Guns all feel the same, and there is a lack of feedback when shooting / meleeing enemies, the feeling of being rushed my a mob like in L4D 1/2 is missing in this. :)

I think I’ll wait to see what the price of the physical version does over the next couple of months.

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be $9.99 starting Sunday at Gamestop.

https://www.gamestop.com/blackfriday

Thanks! Are those in-store only prices? Probably, eh? Hope the stock isn’t way limited at my local one (it’s in a mall). On the other hand it may be a false economy considering time/gas spent, when I can get it from Amazon for less than 10 more by Monday with free Prime shipping.

Dirt 4 is $12.50 today over at chrono.gg.

PS4 Slim Black Friday Deal is currently live on Amazon.

Gamestop too.

A bunch of major retailers – Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, among them – have dropped the base price of the XBox One X to $399 this week only in Black Friday-style sales.