Bargain Thread 2018

Steam Winter Sale – which may bring back flash deals, or maybe doesn’t – begins tomorrow at 1pm ET/10am PT.

GMG has a bunch of games on sale, with a further 12% off coupon.

I just picked up >Observer for $12. Steam key.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

15% off voucher on the VIP page. ;)

Dammit. There goes 10 cents.

36 cents! ;)

Forty cents, actually.

Deal #7 in the 12 Deals of Christmas at Fanatical is The Dishonored Pack for $13.99 (72%). Includes Dishonored and Dishonored 2, although it does not seem to include any DLC for either game.

Wolfenstein II : The New Colossus - Digital Deluxe Edition is a historic low $21.59 when you use the FANATICAL10 discount code.

Total War Saga : Thrones of Britannia is also a very nice $22.31 when using the code.

VIP Members can get Conan Exiles at GreenManGaming for only $15.30 using their 15% off code.
Get Frostpunk for $15.91 with the standard GMG12 (12% off) code, or $15.37 with the VIP code.
No Man’s Sky is only $23.76 with the GMG12 code, or $22.95 with the 15% VIP code.

Humble Store has LEGO Lord of the Rings FREE for a limited time. Grab it to go with your free LEGO Hobbit from last week.

Oh, and the Steam Winter Sale has begun.
No Flash Deals in evidence, but you can vote for the Steam Awards to earn sale trading cards and you can visit the Extremely Cozy Cottage of Surprises each day to receive 3 free digital items.

So this Cozy Cottage of Surprises is some sort of advent calendar thing. My prize is (apparently) a VR game called Budget Cuts, however, it’s not showing up in my library or inventory. I’m guessing this is the store still sorting itself out after kicking off a sale. I’m surprised I can even access the site right now.

Heh, Bethesda is in the running for best developer award of 2018. I wonder if they’ll win.

The highlights reel only shows Skyrim: VR and Prey. Pretty funny.

I also received Budget Cuts and a couple of common Steam emoticons/knick-knacks.

The store is, as usual, groaning under the weight of a billion gamers all hitting it at once, so it’s going to take some time for all the prices to update to reflect the sale, items to be added to your inventory, and purchases to process.

With no flash deals, you’re best off just waiting a few hours for the initial excitement to die down a bit.

At least you got something. I got “opening your gift” and then nothing at all.

You opened my gift? You son of a bitch!

Yes, and it was:

Christmas sale just started on the Switch eShop too: https://www.dekudeals.com/games?version=digital&sort=discount

Prices still bouncing around, but a lot of games seem to be at historical lows. Off my wishlist: Zombasite orch schism, Titan quest ragnarok, Mages of Mystralia, Through the ages, Judgment: Apocalypse Survival Simulation, Phantom doctrine…

Mass Effect: Andromeda is $3.99 on PC.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda

Hmmm, worth $4?

Hmm, I wonder where one might go to seek answers to just such a question?

If you have Twitch Prime, there is a Devolver Digital Holiday Pack you can claim for free. You get:

Broforce
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
The Messenger
STRAFE
Crossing Souls
The Swords of Ditto

Oooh, might pick up Battle Chasers, or Hover, or Okami, or Mark of the Ninja. Or all of them. It’s important to maintain an unhealthy backlog on every platform.