Bargain Thread 2018

GMG Holiday Sale is LIVE , extra 12% off with GMG12 code.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/

Slay The Spire for $9.50 is a no-brainier.

Also there appears to be a 15% off voucher on the VIP page.

I did a couple of “fill in Steam games I want with no DRM” – the YuPlay-free version of Wings of Prey for $3 and the X3 pack for $6.

Late edit: at GOG

Lazy I am… right from slick deals.

This was back in August. Maybe I should have pulled the trigger.

It’s on sale again, CAG says the price is $16 even though it’s not showing the sale yet. It shows up if you put the game in your cart.

Still, it’s not as cheap as it was back in August, so no sale from me. Plus I still haven’t finished Uncharted 3, so that reason remains.

In other Week 2 PSN sales, they have Dad of War for $28 and Spiderman for $40. Not cheap enough for me yet.

Edit: No need to put it in your cart anymore, the discount is showing on my wishlist now.

Far Cry 5 is about $21 at GMG after their coupon. Getting toward the impulse buy point…

And AC: Odyssey is $25 or so.

Really pretty much everything on sale there after the 15% off VIP coupon is lowest current price as far as I can tell. Maybe lowest ever price. FC5, AC Odyssey, Monster Hunter World, etc.

Does it work on season passes?

I grabbed it finally. Interesting game. I just played and got to the finally boss and lost. I can see there’s a lot of interesting choices to make as you build your deck and pick your path to the final boss.

I’d guess so? But the season passes aren’t on sale except in the form of gold editions that bundle the pass.

itch.io is having a Winter Sale:

Tacoma $5
Chuchel $6 (and other Amanita games on sale)
Thumper $6
Rusty Lake Hotel games for ~$1
Cosmic Express $5
Jettomero $6
Pato Box $9

And of course all kinds of other games you haven’t heard of.

Let me highlight two other things:

Case of Distrust – Noir narrative game (because it was made by a fellow Colorado indie dev!) – $7.50

Walden, a game – Literary survival game? (because it’s one of the best gaming experiences I had all year) – $9

Remember: itch.io is the one store that lets devs set their own price split. You are always helping indie devs more by buying there. And I think their client is actually pretty slick (although the storefront is not particularly organized, but neither is Steam).

Don’t forget, you can get the game for free if you play it on Project Stream for an hour.

Yes, but that assumes you get into Project Stream. It’s not an automatic signup, you’re just putting yourself into a pool of potential picks.

Plus, I would imagine the entries slowed considerably once they announced the free game deal.

Yeah, I signed up after they announced that, but I don’t imagine that I’ll actually get in.

Still, streaming over my home network from both PS4 and Xbox to my PC works pretty well, so even outside the incentive of a free game, I do wonder how similar Project Stream feels to streaming a game on my home network.

I’m not gonna try this because I don’t care about Assassin’s Creed, but I did do a one-week trial of PSNow to play Bloodborne back in October, and it worked absolutely fine, although there was significant visual degradation.

I just tried it myself a couple days ago, it’s seriously impressive. If I had just sat down and started playing and didn’t know better, I’d say I was playing a copy of the game installed locally.

Starbound is Deal #6 in Fanaticals 12 Deals of Christmas at $8.39 (44%), a historic low.

Fans of the HyperDimension Neptunia franchise and similar games from publisher Idea Factory can create a Pick-A-Mix Bundle from 15 titles. $4.99 for any one, 3 for $9.99 and 5 for $14.99.

New Humble Sonic Bundle is live. Three Tiers filled with various Sonic the Hedgehog games on Steam. I’m not a big Sonic fan, so I can’t say if this is a bargain or not.

GameFly sent email for their year end disc sale. Some good prices like God of War for $15 and Farcry 5 for $13.

The Sonic Bundle is a pretty solid deal if you buy the top price package. Sonic Mania is probably the best pure Sonic game since Sonic Adventure and for those with kids, the two Kart racers included here are really great for multiplayer action. The $1 tier is a perfect starter for someone who has an interest in the series, though. Sonic CD is superb.

The GameFly sale is excellent. Valkyria Chronicles 4 is in there for $19.99 on PS4, too. Lots of really great prices.

Wait, you can’t buy FC5 at Gamefly if you’re 100 years old? That’s age discrimination!