Bargain Thread 2018

Fanatical is kicking off 7 Days of 7 Deals today with Sniper : Ghost Warrior Trilogy for only $1. That’s a historical low for the series.
NOTE : “Trilogy” is misleading, as it contains S:GW 1, S:GW 2 and S:GW Art of Victory. Sniper : Ghost Warrior 3 is available for $10.49 (65%) during the sale.

Spend some time contemplating Navel Action over at Humble Store, then decide if you want to purchase for $17.99 (55%). 24 hour time limit on the deal.

Spring Sale still happening at GreenManGaming.com. Use code GMG22 to get an additional 22% off many titles.
Get Age of Wonders III for only $5.85, a historic low, with code.

Over 600 Weeklong Deals on Steam this week. Highlights include:

3030 Deathwar Redux is going for less than 10 bucks on the Humble store, less than 9 if you’ve got the Humble Monthly discount active.

WORTH EVERY PENNY.

It does look like a ton of fun.

It is, funny too, and has an amazing soundtrack.

The only thing that keeps me from buying it immediately is the vague hope of it being in the Humble Monthly sometime as one of the final reveals. I’m thinking of skipping this month’s bundle though anyway, because despite KSP’s universal acclaim, I don’t know whether I’d have the patience for it*, and Dead Rising 4 and the rest of the already-revealed games (with the possible exception of Jalopy) are not doing it for me.

Does Humble have a refund policy for if you buy a game a few days before the bundle, and if it’s included in a Monthly bundle you get a refund? Maybe if you haven’t downloaded it or redeemed the key?

*Ah, but it’s a Mac game as well! I could give it to my whip-smart 11-almost-12 year old nephew, who would probably go crazy on it. Steam still has one key for both PC/Mac, right (you own it on one platform, you own it on the other)?

I wish that I could agree. @BrianRubin’s Space Game Fu is stronger than mine. But I found this game tedious in the “take this contract and go here, then take this contract and go there” sense. Help me out, what was I missing as I watched this game’s development and thought that I would really enjoy it, but I returned it.

Yeah, you should get both versions.

Orald, I really enjoyed the missions, the ships, the travel, the combat. I don’t mind that kind of grind if it’s paced well.

The Humble Store also has a big sale going on Degica-published titles. Plenty of the usual niche Japanese suspects here, but if you’re like me and were interested in any of the Cave PC ports, they’re the same price here as during the recent Cave Fest sale, or cheaper if you’re a Humble Monthly subscriber.

I grabbed it recently and haven’t played it much because it’s on PC only, but it’s the first space “running around” game since Hardwar or Escape velocity to grab me with its atmosphere, which I think is the most important thing one of games of this type can do.
I also strangely loved the gesticulating between the gamepad, mouse and keyboard for the controls I have been using. Gives a nice spaceship piloting vibe, for some reason ;)

The Rusty Lake games are on sale. Has anyone tried them? Did you like them? They look pretty good for low budget titles and I’ve been on an Escape Room binge.

I have seen some YouTube videos of the Rusty Lake series. They don’t seem particularly hard but what I thought was interesting but the game is that there seems to be an overarching plot line that connects all of the games.

They are also very weird.

If you get did get a bunch of them I would try to play them in the correct order. I don’t know what that order is but I’m sure Google can tell you.

When I tried to play the mobile ones, after launching the first one, it felt like like you could play them in any order, or more approriately, switch back and forth between them, as some puzzle elements for a solution had to be found in another game, and they were interlocking. Don’t know how often that comes in, but after a couple of this, it was a bit overwhelming for me.

They are fucking awesome, and creepy as hell. Play some of the Cube Escape games before you decide, though. They’re free either on mobile or on places like Kongregate, and while the Rusty Lake installments are a bit different (and bigger), the sensibilities (and universe) are the same.

There are none that require any cross-connection to complete. There are, however, a couple of bonus endings that require it. But only a couple.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. For the price, it’s got to be worth a shot.

Anyway… on behalf of Sakkura Studios, I’d like to give out a shout out to the Degica sale on Humble Bundle. I don’t know if Code of Princess (60% off) is any good, but it clearly has some the hardest working artwork out there.

DeathSmiles (60% off) is one of the better Cave bullet hell shmups out there. With a tagline like : “Death smiles on everyone. Lolis smile back!” how can you lose? And the final boss is not juste regular Satan, but Tyrannosatan, so you know it’s good.

It looks like only the base Age of Wonders is on sale, which is too bad. I will hold off for now, despite the temptation.

Besides, I have to play the shit out of Battletech.

Code of Princess is fun in theory, but the 3DS original had some problems, the port is apparently pretty janky and doesn’t fix a lot of those problems, and there’s an upcoming Switch remake that seems to fix a lot of the issues that both the 3DS and PC versions had, so if you’re particularly interested in the game and have a Switch, it might be worth waiting.

I have an extra physical copy I should give away.

Day Two of the Fanatical Deals Week brings the excellent side-scrolling cyberpunk game DEX for $1.49 (93%).

Also, get the brand new Steampunk society survival game Frostpunk from the creators of This War of Mine for $24 (20%) with code SUPER6.

Humble has a new CAPCOM-SEGA PlayStation Bundle Live:

Meanwhile, Steam has Games from Denmark on sale for Midweek Madness. Lots of titles to choose from, including:

• Expeditions : Conquistadors and Expeditions : Vikings
  • Warhammer 40K Space Hulk and Space Hulk Ascension
  • Wartile
  • The Hitman franchise
  • Forced and Forced : Showdown
  • and many more