Bargain Thread 2018

GMG spring sale is live , lots of discounts on the VIP page also!!!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Grabbing Frostpunk @ 25% off.

Also… 24hr flash deals!!!

https://www.greenmangaming.com/spring-sale/

75% off daily deal which coincides with the massive update they’re rolling out today.

Patch notes to the massive update?

I’ll post them on the main thread!

How does it play? What’s the swing mechanism for it?

I haven’t played in about 6 months, but I put over 40 hours into it - so it kept me playing for a while. It’s also a game that I’ve got in the group of games I intend to play again.

If I remember correctly, you click on the spot you want to aim at (and you cab re position the camera to view the hole). Then you hold the left house button and pull back for the back swing and then push forward to complete the swing. If it’s a good swing then the ball will go straight. There is a feedback meter displayed on screen.

Actually, I think I played this with the controller and used the stick to swing by pulling back and pushing forward. I think you can use a mouse though too. No 2 or 3 click swing mechanism though, you need to slide the mouse.

OK. That’s what I wanted to know. Thanks!

You’re not fooling anyone, Dave. I know Neo Turf Masters is the only golf game for you.

😏2345

Aren’t Dungeons 1-3 also Dungeon Keeper clones? Which one is better, Overworld or Dungeons?

Overworld is more faithful to the original Dungeon Keeper games while the Dungeon Series has simple RTS elements added.

I would say Overworld is a must fro DK fans wanting that kind of play…

Me: “Waaaah, only 20 minutes left on the sale, I have to buy it NOW!”

And then: “Wait a minute, I already played the Dungeon Keeper games and they were great and all, but I don’t actually want to play another one. It’s just going to go on the backlog. I even already have Dungeons 2 that I got for free… somewhere. The heck am I going nuts for?”

If only we had a thread about the game.

The biggest issue with The Golf Club 2 – and depending on what you want from it, it may be a nothingburger, or it may be major – is that it appears to have all kinds of features to allow groups of friends to play and/or ghost for one another in tournaments and what not. Unfortunately, those “society” features are either completely undocumented or so poorly documented that they become kind of useless.

Wanna play some rounds of golf? Great game. Wonderful. Wanna do all the other stuff that games like Links, Sierra’s PGACG, etc. could do 17 years ago? Eh, not so fast.

Dungeons 1 is a bad game, imo, not particularly close to the Dungeon Keepers either.

Yeah, I heard Dungeons 2 was better than the original but War for the Overworld is more faithful to the Dungeon Keeper games, even building on them in various ways.

Yep, Dungeons 1 is awful, I’ve no idea how it got sequels. That said, Dungeons 2 is more like DK and a definite improvement. I quite enjoyed playing through it. I haven’t got around to Dungeons 3 yet but by all accounts its just an iteration on Dungeons 2.

I have mixed feelings about War For The Overworld myself, quite faithful to DK but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Dungeons 2 has too much RTS style battles and missions and not enough DK. It really was a disappointment due to that for me.

I am sure there are at least 5 good games in this bundle, for $3. I already own the Stealth Bastard games, so I think I’ll go with:

Serial Cleaner
Hue
Iron Fisticle
The Little Acre
Qora

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/curve-pick-mix-bundle

I only played War for the overworld when it came out. I didn’t care for it much, especially the scripted missions.
As far as the Dungeons game, I played those and I really liked them. I feel that they are closer to what the promise of Dungeon Keeper 3 would have been, had it been made. Dungeons 3 is definitely the best of the series.