Bargain Thread 2018

Blue Monthly
How does it feel, to add to your backlog?
When you’ve subbed’ to the Humble Monthly, and own none of the games?
I thought it was a bargain, I thought I’d play them all.
Tell me when will I play? Tell me now, when will I play?

Fanatical Star Deal today is the very interesting looking Book of Demons for $11.99 (40%). I’ve had this indie RPG on my wishlist for a while now, but I may wait for a 50% discount or more before pulling the trigger (see backlog referenced above).

Also new at Fanatical, the Spotlight 4 Bundle showcases 10 Indie Steam games for $2.49. I do not know much about the included games, although twin-stick shooter Thoth did receive some positive attention from critics awhile back.

IndieGala has a new Monday Motivation Bundle featuring 12 Steam games for $2.99. Again, mostly unheard of indie games, though puzzle game Sugar Box has positive reviews and strategy hybrid Goblin Harvest : The Mighty Quest looks unique and interesting.

The Red Solstice is FREE at Humble Store for 48 hours.

What about the one by Orgy?

cheated

You’re right, yours are distinct songs and mine is a cover.

Thoth is very good. Levels play quickly so retrying is painless. I never had to bang my head for too long before I could beat the 5 levels in a row to hit the next save point. It was about the right amount of challenging.

Roguelike dungeon crawler Dungeon Souls is the Fanatical Star Deal today at $3.89 (70%).

Also at Fanatical, the Very Positive Sale features discounts of up to 80% on 40 or so games rated very positive on Steam.

IndieGala has a new Brain Teaser Bundle live today for $2.99. 9 Indie Steam games, including 90’s-style 16bit RPGs Dragon’s Twilight and Shattered Throne, both of which get positive reviews, and arcade puzzlers VEX and Radium 2.

Those are some interesting bargains.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Forced : Slightly Better Edition + Free Minion Masters for $1.49 (90%). Forced is pretty cool, and well worth $1.49. I have no idea what Minion Masters is.

Also at Fanatical, the Chronicle Bundle features 16 total games spread across four tiers:

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Evoland
  • Dead in Bermuda
  • Freaking Meatbags
  • Finding Teddy
  • Crazy Pixel Streaker
  • Kill the Bad Guy

Pay $3.49 and unlock:

• A Normal Lost Phone
  • Chronicles of Teddy
  • Colonial Conquest
  • PolyRace
  • Doodle Mafia

Pay $7.49 and add:

• Anarcute
  • Aurion : Legacy of the Kori-Odan
  • Pang Adventures
  • 2Dark

Pay $9.99 and receive:

• Wurm Unlimited

IndieGala has a new Virtual Reality XIX Bundle live. 10 VR Steam games for $3.49.

Over at GreenManGaming they are having a Loose Change Games Sale where a few dozen small indie titles are on sale for only $0.20-$0.50 each. Basically you can build-your-own bundle of cheap indies.

Some of them GMG games are just horrible! :D

I went with:

and

Fanatical Star Deal today is Cladun X2 for $3.49 (65%).

Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 is $7.79 (40%) as the daily deal on Steam today.

Steam also has nearly 500 Weeklong Deals this week.

If you already own the original there is a bundle which drops the price to $6.23

If anyone’s been tempted by VR but is waiting for prices to drop… (Reposted from the VR topic because bargain!)

Amazon has a fire sale on Windows Mixed Reality headsets right now, with all the models except for the Samsung at about 50% off.

Just ordered a Dell Visor for my second PC. Looks like it’s gonna be multiplayer VR flight sim combat with the kid!

They all have similar specs, but the Dell is the choice of the current models due to widest FOV (110 degrees) and headset comfort. $229 with controllers!

Whatever your take on Windows Mixed Reality, the Windows Store, etc., these things support Steam VR, so you can essentially run almost everything that runs on the Vive.

(If the Dell runs out, the Acer is supposed to be really good as well.)

What are the min. Specs these days?

Thank you for this link: Steam’s own (from their front page!) has been leading to empty or bogus page since the beginning of the new year. I am sure the issue will be solved as soon as Valve contracts one of those… humans, if their 2018 budget allows it.

Here’s the Windows Mixed Reality specs.

For this audience, realistically I’d say GeForce 1050/960 minimum, and ignore the column saying you can do it with Intel integrated graphics. :)

Heh, here I thought I was the only person having that issue with the Weeklong Deals link since the Winter Sale ended. I just linked to all Specials, which includes all the Weeklong Deals and anything else on a discount.

Ironically, not long after you posted the “broken” link, it started working again. Gabe is everywhere…

Battlefield 1 Revolution, that’s the package with the original game and season pass, is on sale on Xbox for $13.20 this week.

Best Buy Deal of the Day includes Mass Effect: Andromeda for $14.99 for Xbox One and PS4.

Are those super American dollars? It’s 31,99$ on PSN this week, that’s 60% off, those being lousy Canadian dollars, though.

Still… is the Xbox store usually cheaper than PSN?

Edit: Anyway, there’s also a 10% coupon on the PSN storefront until next Tuesday.

Low Magic seems interesting.