Bargain Thread 2018

this deal is back, weirdly

That’s great for you guys across the pond, but won’t someone think of us poor Yanks?

That’s a third-party seller, wonder how they managed to get listed on Amazon for a game code?

Or us greedy Germans… well, I hate the fact that even between UK and Germany geographical restrictions are a thing. I wonder if publishers/game industry really benefit from this… or most of all the likes of amazon.

Well i grabbed it at £10

It’s obviously a hedge on the currency markets.

This seems like a great deal on a game I’ve seen compared a lot to Panzer General. Can anyone speak to the quality of these DLC packs?

Tried to buy, but was called a tosser and told to fuck off.

That’s just what a tosser would say! ;-)

Sadly, couldn’t buy it either… :(

So this F2P game has all its DLC free for the next 48 hours. No idea if its a good game or not. But its free. Remember to activate each DLC to get it for free.

I have not played it myself, but when I posted the deal on a different forum, here is what a couple of members there had to say about the game and the DLC:

AND

Both of those quotes are from a couple of guys who play a lot of games and whose opinions I hold in high regard, so I’d say if the OOB Bundle looks like something you’d be interested in as a Panzer General fan…you should go for it.

Mixer promo for Xbox/Windows store. Buy a game through it & get a bonus store credit.
https://learn.mixer.com/promotions

#s vary by country. US it’s 5$ bonus after a 10$+ purchase, Canada 7/15.

Cross-posted to the PS4 thread -> Pick up another 20% off coupon on the PS store right now by watching a Detroit: Becoming Human trailer.

live.playstation.com

Neat, thanks.

What’s that quest gimmick? How long has that been there? Has there been any other good stuff to come from it?

A couple months ago they had a spurt of two 20% coupons for a couple games (God of War and MLB the Show 18), combined with the usual 20% code they send out every so often. Couldn’t combine them but it sure made for a lot of discounted games in a short period of time!

They also give out themes and I think a few in-game items for different games but it varies.

Recoil Bundle is today’s offering in Fanatical’s BundleFest Week. $4.99 for 12 Steam games including:

• Time Recoil
  • JYDGE
  • Spellspire
  • Xenoraid : The First Space War
  • Neon Chrome
  • Crimsonland
  • King Oddball
  • Sparkle Unleashed
  • Sparkle 2
  • Baseball Riot
  • Tennis in the Face
  • Azkend 2 : The World Beneath

This bundle is basically the entire 10tons Ltd dev catalog. Crimsonland and Neon Chrome are fantastic, but have been in bundles previously. The Sparkle games are also pretty cool, and Azkend 2 looks like a nice casual match-3 with a nice art style.

Steam is running a weird “Spring Cleaning Event”. It appears to be a badge-oriented thing, but as part of it they also have several games on free to play for the weekend, including Dead by Daylight, Tyranny, Cities Skylines and Shadow of Mordor. As a result, all the games that are F2P this weekend are also on steep 50%-75% discounts.

This is surprisingly good!

Back when Steam would do their summer/winter sale metagames, I seem to remember someone making a joke about how they could make a similar contest designed around cleaning out your backlog, and now they’ve gone and done it. Take that, frugal shoppers!

85% off, only $2. I was told it was something I had to experience. Has anyone played it?