Bargain Thread 2018

It’s not requiiiiiired per se, it’s just worth having.

What does it add?

The big things are espionage agents and water units I believe.

Advanced Tactics Gold is the pick there for me. It’s the precursor (same dev) to the Decisive Campaigns series, and has a random map mode that makes it quite like a spiritual successor to the ‘Empire’ game/s. It’s been down to around $10 in sales before.

To mention one that hasn’t been already, Last Days of Old Earth is the remake of Armageddon Empires which ended quite incomplete, a bit buggy and devoid of any of the original’s charm.

Last Days was a major disappointment.

Target has 30% off certain video game pre-orders. Mostly console games.

Actually its this:

promotion details

Save 30% on a select current Xbox One, or PS4, or Nintendo Switch game when you pre-order a select new game. Discount applied in cart at checkout. Add both the pre-order and the current game to cart to receive discount. May not be applied to previous orders. If qualifying item in your order is returned, refund value will be reduced by the prorated amount of the discounted item. Discounted item will be sent to the same address as your order and may ship separately. Offer expires 6/23/2018 at 11:59pm PT.

The excellent puzzler Slayaway Camp is just 5 Magic Beans over at chronogg.com.

Advanced Tactics for $3 is a great deal.

I would like get Borderlands Handsome Jack collection while it’s cheap on PSN, but I have a feeling it will be a PS Plus monthly so I keep holding off.

On a scale of Advanced Wars on one side and Panzer General on the other, where does Advanced Tactics end up?

Hey, you’ve just described the full breadth of my experience with wargaming!

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition $19.69

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/injustice-2-legendary-edition

cdkeys has Frostpunk on sale for < $19. I’d hop on that if I thought my laptop could run it, but it looks like my i7 4600U @ 2.1 . 2.7 GHz is below minimum specs.

I don’t know where they are getting that information - the specs on the Steam page aren’t nearly as demanding.
My laptop has the same CPU along with a GTX 1050 and runs it just fine.

CPU has never been a bottleneck for any laptop gaming here. GPU has always been though, and Frostpunk is a 3D game.

My laptop has a GTX 1050 and runs the game fine too.

Just to add a contrary opinion re CPU and gaming, I went from an I5 4650 @ 3.2ghz to an I74790 @ 4.2ghz and that’s making a world of difference to my VR gaming.

I’ve got a GeFore GT 720 M in the laptop, along with the Intel Integrated HD… I’m guessing it isn’t good at all.

Fanatical has an Indie Legends 8 bundle. $3.49 for 8 Steam games including Among the Sleep, Convoy, Train Valley and Organ Trail Complete. That’s a great deal for $3.50.

Good deal and it’s good for 14 days which means there’s time to see how much of my money goes to Steam this week.