Bargain Thread 2018

GMG is starting their summer sale, sign in to see the early sale deals, I guess the real sale starts sometime this week.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/

For the GMG sale, $7.97 for Prey (once it’s in your cart).

LOL. My backlog is all “We huuuuunger. We huuunnnger stilllllll”

Yeah! They all seem to be cheaper in cart, saw this on reddit:

That’s a bingo. Been waiting for that.

I mean, Dying Light’s camera and perspective are likely to make me so motion sick that I’ll be throwing up on my shoes while playing (not really), but at fifteen bucks for the Following edition?

That’s hard to pass up to give it a look.

Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition on GMG is ~$8.

Wow, is that XCOM 2 WOTC the whole shebang, or just the expansion? If the latter, that’s amazing.

Just the DLC, you still need the original game. That’s the best price I have seen it at, tempted to get it.

And then I looked at the rest of the DLC and now I am thinking I will just wait until they put out a gold edition.

I’ve thought about getting just The Following DLC for the game (I got the base game a long time ago) but it sort of feels like it’s at cross-purposes with the base game, which is all about parkour. In the DLC you’re driving all over the place.

The first time I played it it made me motion sick, but I found some ways to fix that, such as increasing the field of view and turning off a few things, and now it’s far better.

Interesting. Good to know that’s a possibility. I’ve only watched it streamed, and every time I’m like “Yeah, this looks fun, but it’ll make me puke.”

(I’m hoping to get some time off work to get to an eye doctor for an updated prescription. I kiiinda think that might help things.)

Oh FoV adjustment is key for me. If I don’t have at minimum 80 degrees I’m usually queasy after a bit. There’s a utility out there called “widescreen fixer” that was invaluable with Far Cry 2, for instance.

Wow, the normal price for final fantasy 12 is $44? I just looked it up, that came out in 2006. It’s insane how their prices never really drop.

The PC version of the remaster came out in February, but yea. SquareEnix is notorious for not deep discounting Final Fantasy games.

I did the stuff in this forum post and it’s helped tremendously.

XBL for $40

Looks like the Fallout 4 Season Pass is going for a hair over 14 bucks on GMG right now. Tempting.

If you like the base game, it’s worth it at that price. Automatron and Far Harbor are solid. The rest… not so much.

I’d wish they’d do this for Game Pass. I picked up an XBone about two months ago and have bought zero games for it in the meantime.