Bargain Thread 2019

Strange thing to call Remembrance/Veterans Day.

No silly, they’re celebrating the 90s movie Singles.

Even more interesting: in the European country I am currently in, that sale isn’t advertised. I actually seem to have no way of accessing it but clicking Evil Kosc’s link

I’m in the U.S. and don’t see it on the Steam store either, oddly. If LK hadn’t linked it I wouldn’t see it either.

Strange, the United States only had what… 500 000 casualties, no reason to make a big deal about that.

Tomorrow is the 11th. So maybe a sale tomorrow, and TOMORROW only?

Its already Tomorrow somewhere!

Love is a battlefield.

11/11, Singles Day, is a Chinese sales “holiday”

The link “works” for me, but I can’t see it if I go to the main store.

What better way to remember the armistice, which was the end of a war which killed a large percentage of the worlds husbands, than with “single’s day”! Sorry your man died in a war, widow! But hey, now that you’re single, why not partake in some Chinese deals? :)

I would have thought, in 2019, that a company like Steam would go out of its way to avoid offending people. I guess the people that would get offended by this are too old/dead for Steam to care? I imagine it’s only advertised in China?

@lordkosc was it directly advertised to you, or did you find the link somewhere on the internet ?

edit: Looks like the link is easy to find. Somehow I just missed all news articles about it this year. Maybe of which claim:

It’s become a day that’s more about shopping thanks to e-commerce site Alibaba using it as an excuse to throw a sale, and now it’s the world’s biggest online shopping event, with almost $US 31 billion made last year.

Wow. First the UK is invaded by “Black Friday”, a sale pushed by Amazon but which makes 0-sense because we don’t celebrate thanksgiving, and now a day about singles, which makes 0-sense, as no-one in the UK is single! They’re out black-fridaying black-friday!

All hail global capitalism!!!1

When do we start getting those Guy Fawkes sales?

Steam could have a continuous sale from Halloween, Guy Fawkes and into Singles day.

We just need something next week and we could then include Black Friday and Christmas all in one mega-long sale.

I grabbed Ultimate General Civil War, which is quite low priced until tomorrow.

When did Singles Day become a thing? First it’s Christmas music at Halloween, now another sales holiday before Black Friday? I’m getting too old for this shit.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Syberia 3 for $2.99 (90%).

Fanatical also has a nice new Cyberwar Bundle for $3.99 that includes:

• Convoy
  • Forward to the Sky
  • Neon Chrome
  • BlackHole
  • Killing Room
  • Defend Your Life
  • The Walking Zombie
  • Band of Defenders

Neon Chrome, BlackHole and Convoy together for $4 is a bargain.

GreenManGaming has Warhammer ARPG Chaosbane for a near-historic low $21.25 (57%), but honestly you’re better off purchasing the Magnus Edition for $29.75 (57%) as the extra $8.50 grants you the Season Pass and the Deluxe Pack content, which is another $20+ in DLC.

And yes, Steam appears to be having an unadvertised Singles Day Sale with hundreds of titles discounted, including:

Alienware Aurora Desktop: i7-9700, 16GB DD4, 512GB NVMe SSD, RX 5700 XT 8GB, 850W PSU

• $1,079.99 with coupon SLICKDEALS2

Might have to go through their link.

It’s a Chinese holiday, I think.

with such a huge male to female ratio, I can see where this will be celebrated for a long time…

Sometimes I feel like I have been caught in a time-slip.

Stuff always sounds way cooler in Chinese. I imagine some ancient Han Dynasty warrior charging across the battlefield, doing a front flip and neatly dispatching his opponent while screaming “Guanggun Jie!” while the enemy soldier’s last lucid thought before death is “What the fuck is singles day?”.