Bargain Thread 2019

Nintendo Switch v2 for $270 shipped.

$22.85

$26.21 w/ coupon

This is not a good price for Clue, but it is a unique version for someone who might want to have classic games that don’t look like classic game. If you know someone like this, well you know.

I am looking at a Water flosser, but I was going to grab this one>

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QM98ZMP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=AAJ3YOQUZBV6Z&psc=1

But now I’m not so sure.

So Waterpik is the main brand and the unit I listed is usually around 90 dollars. I would never pay that but they can be quite expensive which is one reason these other ones exist. Since the main brand is cheaper, my suggestion is to use them. Yes, their tips will cost more, but there is the added bonus that a lot of stores carry them, so it’s not too difficult to find deals on tips which, despite what they claim, don’t really need to be replaced as often as a toothbrush.

That’s my suggestion since the name brand is cheaper on BF.

I’ve been using Waterpik for a handful of years now, and the only issue I’ve ever had with the machine has been their toothbrush, not the flosser… and they sent me a replacement unit when the toothbrush died, so the one time I engaged them under warrant was…easy.

Good points. And it is 6 cents cheaper.

Thanks @Nesrie

You’re welcome.

Another warning. I tend to avoid Amazon for Waterpik replacements just like I do Sonicare. They’re known for having counterfeits, so I keep an eye at the usual known compaies, like the drugstores, Waterpik itself and departments stores for replacements.

There are a ton of tips that fit Waterpik though that are not counterfeits, they’re clear on that, that you could try if you ever want to though. You just don’t want to pay namebrand price for something that’s not actually that at all. You get like… 7 tips, so it should be a long while before you feel you need to replace them… and that will probably be sooner because you find some you like better than others.

The other water flosser comes with 8 tips, and is international power compatibility… but I doubt I would want to take either with me when I travel.

You know, if they weren’t the same price, I think I would go with the generic brand, but you are right. For 1 less tip, its not worth it to deal with the risk of using an unknown.

And that is a good point. I can probably find a lot more compatible generic tips with the Waterpik (and I’ll take your advice to heart to avoid buying the “waterpik” tips on Amazon).

Yeah I try to keep it to a minimum when I travel, although sometimes I am tempted with my Sonicare because it came with a travel case, courtesy of a Costco package deal. Pretty sure Costco only sells Waterpik packages, not the tips but again the basic tips are just pieces of plastic with a hole. They don’t have bristles so their only real reason to replace those is mineral deposits… which is completely dependent on your water source. You’d already know if you have hard or heavy mineral water and might be already addressing that as a whole house issue.

I got the Waterpik. So, it’s all good.

Hopefully, my next dentist session will be full of praise (I usually get a decent bill of health, but I know I can do better).

Both of my sisters have had crowns, root canals and one had a tooth pulled. I have so far avoided that. It sounds… horrific.

I have an old bridge that replaced two teeth that never came in, so a waterpik should help keep it clean.

EDIT: spoilering potentially scary bits

FYI: it’s… fine? I finally took out one of wisdom teeth and didn’t feel a thing (other than pressure, made worse by the teeth having to be broken because it was too healthy. yay?). If it weren’t for my mind constantly reminding me I was being mangled, it wouldn’t have been a big deal. To be honest, I had to sit up in the middle to be able to rationalize the horror away, but it was all in my head. YMMV if you’re not a wimp.
I did feel pretty down in recovery, but that lasted about a day with minor pain, I’ve had much worse health-related pains.

OMG this has got to be the worst thread derail yet.

Yes it’s not as bad as it used to be, especially with good practitionners: I had to get a wisdom tooth pulled because it was making a mess, and 20 years ago my dentist wouldn’t dare take it out because the root was huge and “clawed”.
It took a lot of pulling, and the worse noise I’ve ever heard resonnating in my head when the doctor pulled out a bone saw and started having fun with it in my jaw, but I didn’t feel a thing, and the two days recovery was just a matter of having blood in the mouth: hardly any pain.
Our times may suck on a lot of level, but boy, has painkilling and anesthesia made huge progress in recent years.

TMI? Ops. I’ll cut it.

So umm yeah, Waterpiks are on sale. Great time of year to pick one up!

Ok then! At 65% off MSRP…

Knights and Bikes is on sale @GOG $6.99

But not on Steam, and GOG doesn’t have refund for my crappy laptop performance issues and aaaugh!
Blah, too busy with Startopia anyway!

If you owned Mark of Ninja, it seems Steam has an upgrade to Remastered version and this is 50% off. Pretty good deal.

That’s weird: I got it free for owning Mark of the Ninja when Remastered launched.